Principal FastTrack Engineer
Are you excited about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to ensure success as they move forward with cloud computing? Do you want to be part of an engineering team that is looking to get a new service off the ground? If so, keep reading!
We are the Azure Customer Engineering (CXP) team- a fast growing Engineering team of customer obsessed & passionate individuals that drive positive customer outcomes and experiences. FastTrack (FT) for Azure is our newest initiative; a customer success service to help customers confidently onboard to Azure and getting them on the right track to: build it right, architect it right, the first time. FT takes a solution-centric approach and provides customers with Engineering resources, best practices, tools and resources that drive Azure usage.
We are looking for an experienced Principal FT Engineer who is ready to engage with strategic customers as they start their Azure journey toward POC, Dev, and Production deployment. If you want to have broad impact, be a leader, and truly help customers realize the value of their Azure investment - this is the role for you!
Successful Candidate Competencies:
- Azure solutions development and deployment experience (competing technologies okay).
- Familiarity with cloud deployment and development tools (ie. PowerShell, Visual Studio, .NET, Python)
- Familiarity with cloud networking concepts, connectivity (geo-redundancy, CDN, VPN) and tools
- Customer and Partner Focus: proven experience driving business impact based on a deep understanding of customer and partner needs.
- Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across customers, partners, senior executives and across organizational boundaries.
- Dealing with ambiguity: must have the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Collaboration: exceptional collaborator on complex multi-faceted programs
- Linux/OSS experience a plus
- 10+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on Cloud specific solutions, application development and deployment.
- Strong management experience leading high performing teams through significant growth and change.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with corporate customers, possess an understanding of the onboarding process and demonstrate a vision for the future of Microsoft support.
- Candidate should also have excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills, proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically charged customer situations; to lead projects and to motivate others.
- Consulting and/or Delivery experience a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Leading a high performing team.
- Helping customers migrate and/or build workloads throughout their Azure journey toward production and expanding their cloud footprint (competing technologies okay).
- Directly engage with customers to validate new solutions and POC's; update modules per learnings and feedback.
- Be a thought leader and share knowledge with others through management best practices, solution documents, engage technical communities, build automated self-help solutions and create training.
- Act as the subject matter expert across one or more core IaaS and PaaS Azure solutions like DR & Backup, SAP on Azure, RedHat, High Performance Computing, Predictive analytics apps, and IoT applications (competing technologies okay).
- Staying current on latest Azure/Cloud innovations in order to conduct experiments, drive product improvement, and act as subject matter trainer for other engineers.
- Interact daily with other FastTrack Engineers to provide technical action plans or take ownership of situations that require escalation.
- You will partner with various Azure Engineering subject matter experts to scope and build customer facing content, modules, tools and proof of concepts.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.