Are you passionate about building and improving highly available services, used by hundreds of millions of users every day? Microsoft's Identity Division is at the center of Microsoft's cloud strategy; we build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Azure, Office, Windows and Xbox users worldwide. Our services are the first point of contact for all Microsoft customers, and without them our users cannot connect to the services they need to achieve more.
We build new services and extend existing services that perform critical part of the authentication process. Availability, performance, efficiency and scale are essential for us. We partner with teams across Microsoft to enable key scenarios for the future of authentication.
We are a collaborative, closely-knit team with an agile customer-driven mentality. We are looking for an Engineering Manager who is technical and hands-on, leading a dedicated team of engineers in their quest of improving the authentication stack.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
* 5+ years of software industry experience
* Proven track record of building, operating and substantially improving high-scale, mission critical services
* Current hands-on technical knowledge and expertise in writing code and running a service
* Proficiency in C# and Azure technologies
* Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
* Proficiency in object-oriented programming languages like C#, C++, or Java
* Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Act as a technical leader to help design and implement creative solutions to complex problems
* Manage a team of engineers and providing vision, direction and supervision in day-to-day activities
* Collaborate with teams within Identity and throughout Microsoft to deliver customer-facing features that improve the platform
* Debug issues in production and respond to them quickly to mitigate customer impact
* Approach difficult problems with open-mindedness, building services and features that meet complex technical, security, and standards requirements
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.