At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to work within our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in El Segundo, CA.
Qualified individuals must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on a large program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, testing and deployment.
This individual provides Systems Engineering support to the GBSD Survivability Thread Lead in the areas of requirements analysis, allocation and flow down; verification planning; requirement allocation documentation development; and requirement capability assessments. This includes support to the development of the WSS, Segment Specifications, Requirement Allocation and Traceability Matrix (RATM) and associated Requirement Allocation Documents (RAD), WSS Requirement Assessments, Requirement Verification Plan/Matrix (RVP/RVM), and Technical Document Architecture (TDA) products. This support applies to the GBSD Value Enhancement and Technology Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) program execution, as well as the GBSD Engineering, Manufacturing, and Development (EMD) proposal efforts.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
* Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university an 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment
* Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI security clearance OR active SCI clearance
* Knowledge and experience performing requirements analysis, allocation, flow down, requirement capability assessment, and verification planning
* MS in Systems Engineering and/or Systems Engineering Certification
* Experience using DOORS 9.X
* Familiarity with GBSD and/or the Legacy ICBM system
* Experience with Systems Engineering processes and procedures using the latest Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes and tools, including architecture modeling tools such as No Magic Cameo
* Experience performing compliance documentation requirements identification, program applicability assessments, and derivation of requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.