At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman in Azusa, CA needs qualified system engineers with an emphasis in dynamics and control to fill Line-of-Sight (LOS) system performance analyst needs on the Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) program. SBIRS has several Payloads on orbit and others scheduled to build, test, and launch over the next several years. LOS analysts will support pointing and control mechanism calibration and trending, ground and orbital system test data analysis, test design, anomaly resolution support, tool development, and requirements/performance capability sell-off for the SBIRS GEO and HEO payloads. Successful candidate will Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Work may include payload and space vehicle integration and test, analyzing LOS calibration system performance for on-orbit SBIRS payloads as well as in support of SBIRS flight readiness test activities for payload and ground systems.
The Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) program delivers timely, reliable and accurate missile warning and infrared surveillance information to key decision makers. The system enhances global missile launch detection capability, supports the nation's ballistic missile defense system, expands the country's technical intelligence gathering capacity and bolsters situational awareness for warfighters on the battlefield. The SBIRS architecture includes a resilient mix of satellites in geosynchronous earth orbit (GEO), hosted payloads in HEO orbit, and ground hardware and software. The integrated system provides robust performance with global, persistent coverage. NGLinkedAS
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, or Mathematics (STEM) and 5 years of related engineering experience, or (STEM) Master's degree with 3 years of experience.
* Experience or related coursework in guidance, navigation, control, and orbital mechanics.
* MS Office Experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Current and active DoD Secret Clearance
* Proficiency with Mathworks MATLAB
* Experience with typical electro-optical pointing hardware such as encoders, resolvers, inertial measurement units, motors, as well as pointing and control flight software constructs such as onboard attitude propagation and calibration, motor control, and anomaly, diagnostic, and resolution applications.
* Technical understanding in LOS calibration techniques and working knowledge of Kalman filtering and least squares estimation techniques.
* Proficiency in MATLAB and object oriented programming.
* Familiarity with commonly used tools in both MS Windows & Unix environments.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.