Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grummun Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for our Northridge, CA location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
As part of the Security Team, this position is responsible for assisting in the operation and enforcement of security requirements both technical and administrative on classified systems.
Assist with providing oversight, policy, and procedure development, and related functions in compliance with RMF (JSIG), ICD 503, DAAPM and NISPOM. As part of the Security Team, the position is responsible for assisting in implementing and operating security requirements both technical and administrative on classified systems.
* -Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package.
* -Partake in technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties.
* -Conduct weekly systems audits of both automated and manual audit logs.
* -Assist with software patch installation, antivirus updates, and conducting security self-reviews.
* -Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS.
* -Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package.
* -Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM.
* -Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly.
* -Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM.
* -Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized Individuals.
* -Formally notify the ISSM when changes occur that might affect system authorization.
* Assist in validating servers and workstations security settings.
* Assist with information system security incidents.
* Assist in network user accounts creation or modification of accesses.
* Assist in getting software and hardware approvals.
* Assist in turning in or disposing of equipment and software.
* Assist with security education/training
Basic Qualifications and Responsibilities:
* (Bachelor's Degree) With (9 ) years of related secure information system experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience in lieu of degree
* Active Secret Clearance Required
* Current certification identified in DoD Directive 8140.01 for IAT II (or attainable within 6 months)
* Knowledge of (Experience with?) RMF (JSIG), DAAPM and NISPOM Chapter 8 practices.
* A working knowledge of COMSEC equipment to include handling keying material and troubleshooting encryption devices.
* Must possess excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
* Experience in the use of Windows Operating Systems, in physical and virtual environments.
* Experience with Linux Operating Systems (Preferred)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.