Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Principal - System Allocation and Verification Lead
This leadership position is for a highly-experienced systems engineer who can lead a team to establish the requirement baseline for a mission that includes Segment, Element (payload, spacecraft bus, and ground) and Subsystems.
What you'll do:
* Provide systems engineering leadership of technical teams to develop Segment, Element, and Subsystem Specifications.
* Develop the DOOR's framework to properly allocate, trace and verify requirements at the Segment, Element and Subsystem levels through all mission phases.
* Plan and manage the cost, technical and cost associated with the effort.
* Interact with multiple subject matter experts to develop the required allocation analysis and verification artifacts.
* Interface with and support the program's chief system engineer.
* Mentor other systems engineers assigned to this team.
* Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
* BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience in either mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance required.
* Minimum 4 years of requirements management experience working in the DOORS environment (Framework, Specification Structure, ICD, Structure, etc) or equivalent- a subject matter expert with this tool.
* Demonstrated ability to write effective and verifiable requirements - detailed oriented.
* Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation - a self-starter that will own this activity.
* Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams including meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
* Customer Relationships: Extensive knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
* Superb presentation skills with experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
* Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
* May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
* May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.