At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an experienced Principal Engineer Software 3 - Java to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will develop Java applications.
* Develop enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
* Object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
* Work in a process-oriented software development environment across the software lifecycle
* Testing, including path, line, and bound coverage
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of software engineering experience, Masters degree in a STEM discipline with 3 years of software engineering experience, or a PhD in a STEM discipline with no experience
* Direct experience developing Java applications
* An active Top Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain program access
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
* Experience developing enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
* Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.