Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Satellite Systems Test Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be for full time support and is located in Azusa, CA
Qualified Test Engineer will participate in all phases of the integration and test of a payload subsystem. Specific assignments will include requirements definition, development and execution of test procedures, subsystem and real-time test troubleshooting, utilization of data analysis tools, test data review and analysis, participation in formal system testing, and anomaly resolution. Tasks will include hands-on integration and testing of sophisticated RF sensor systems, including various software/hardware components in development and production environments; Synthesizes internal and external customer needs and requirements into system tests that acknowledge technical and schedule constraints; Participates in the development and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures, and schedules for verifying system requirements; participates in I&T readiness reviews, design reviews and conducts audits of I&T program facilities; Coordinates integrated testing activities that may include environmental, reliability and the occasional flight test; Reviews and evaluates test requirements to ensure completeness of test program; Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive System test reports; Uses modeling and simulation tools to expedite testing of individual units before all system components are available and for troubleshooting issues seen during various phases of test cycle.
* Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program risks and obtain solutions to include allocation of resources
* Support the development of system test solutions in accordance with project technical, schedule and cost constraints
* Lead, prepare and execute comprehensive system/element level test plans, procedures and test events
* Lead system/element level test planning and test readiness reviews
* Coordinate integrated testing activities and resolve conflicts for competing systems.
* Document test requirements and methodologies in the requirements management system.
* Train personnel on the system test processes and procedures
* Review system engineering documentation to ensure test plans and methodologies meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete
* Participate in trade studies to support the selection of preferred design solutions, commercial hardware or software components, and preferred course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery
* Support the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing
* Participate in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) & 5 years of technical engineering experience, OR a Master's Degree in a STEM field & 3 years of technical engineering experience
* Experience with test procedure and test script development
* Active & current secret security clearance
* Master's degree in a STEM field
* Active SCI security clearance
* Attitude control system experience
* Experience troubleshooting anomalous hardware and software
* Ability to operate RF and digital equipment both manually and remotely via software
* Basic programming skills in 1 or more areas: Python, C, MATLAB, Excel
* Ability to operate in a large integration and test environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.