About Foundation Medicine:
Foundation Medicine began with an idea-to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options, and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
This Principal Engineer will be a hands on leader for a newly formed development group. This person will play a key role in shaping the strategic direction of future development efforts of workflow suite here at FMI. Our teams follow an agile/scrum development process, and expect our leaders to be proactive in diving in the project and collaboratively figuring out the right solutions to our business needs.
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for participating in the development team activities, working on new development, maintenance and support tasks for internal business systems leveraging agile principles with a goal of continuous delivery. The principal lead is a hybrid role combining both the Product Owner and Senior Developer roles on a small agile development team.
In addition, this role will provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior team members, collaborate and participate in technical design efforts and be responsible for delivering accurate, innovative, and low-defect software solutions.
* Interact with business users to understand corporate requirements and develop solutions to support the business.
* Help drive business transformation through the adoption and implementation of key technologies.
* Develop best practices and technology standards and help drive implementation and adherence throughout the development team.
* Assist in the management of a dynamic development team.
* Lead a team of software engineers to help drive sound engineering design, process and quality practices and perform acceptance engineering.
* Mentor and develop junior development team members by establishing best coding and engineering practices.
* Work closely with product owners, key business and technical stakeholders to ensure FMI is building the best products.
* Ensure the maintainability and quality of the product code base by helping establish clear technical roadmaps geared toward reducing future technical debt.
* Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities into the platform.
* Work in an agile/scrum driven environment to deliver new innovative products including participation in daily scrum, code review and knowledge sharing sessions.
* Contribute as a hands-on developer as needed.
Qualifications (Position Skill Set):
* Experience working with SDLC frameworks like: SCRUM, Kanban, Agile, Scaled Agile.
* Transform business requirements to clear and comprehensive functional specifications.
* Experience building solutions that are secure safeguarding sensitive data and adhering to corporate security policies and procedures.
* Ability to facilitate between the Business Process Owners and Technical Team.
* 3+ years in leading a technical team of full stack engineers.
* Strong understanding of code versioning tools (Git/Bitbucket).
* Experience working with onshore and offshore teams including the necessary communication and collaboration tools.
* Strong experience working with front end and back end development tools (Redux/MOBx/ Webpack/Node/NPM).
* Strong understanding of RESTFul API development.
* Strong understanding of database related technologies (postgres/oracle/sql).
* Experience with building/deploying/maintaining software solutions in a cloud based architecture.
* Experience with at least one unit test framework (Mocha/Jasmine).
* Experience with at least one E2E testing frameworks (Selenium/Protractor).
* BS/MS in Computer Science, IT or related technology field.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.