Twitch is seeking a Principal Engineer to lead the team in building Extensions, our newest major focus area. Extensions are revolutionizing the way viewers engage with live video by enabling direct interaction between viewers, games, and external services. We are supporting the creation of a thriving community of app developers who will help unlock new ways to experience gaming and digital entertainment.
* Work effectively with other groups at Twitch and Amazon in order to deliver an Extensions platform that supports external developers, content creators, and viewers
* Gain industry recognition and credibility as a technology evangelist for the platform including performing as a panelist and keynote speaker at conferences and press events
* Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of the developer ecosystem
* Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent, including other Principal Engineers
* Assist in the career development of technical colleagues, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
* Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
* Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
* Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, security, scalability, architecture, and best practices
* Leverage knowledge of internal, and industry prior art, in design decisions
* Effectively research and benchmark Twitch technology against other competing systems in the industry
* Contribute intellectual property through patents
* BS or higher in CS with 15+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
* Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products
* Deep hands-on technical experience in either building complex distributed systems or in designing platforms
* Experience leading development cycle processes and best practices
* Experience in video games, interactive media, live streaming, or social media
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.