What you'll be doing...
You will be responsible for planning, developing, and integrating technology solutions and products for a wide array of device services including, but not limited to, device management, security, identity and IP Communications. You will work across Verizon organizations including Network, Product Development, Marketing, IT, Customer Care, and Enterprise, as well as external OEM and platform vendors, to assess solution/product needs, develop strategies, and bring solutions/products to market.
* Lead strategy and development for device and mobility technology solutions and products across all Enterprise, Consumer, Wholesale, and Government segments.
* Work with subject matter experts within the various business units to assess emerging strategic verticals, existing initiatives, technology gaps, requirements, and develop solutions to resolve.
* Provide oversight and strategic vision to device management and requirements to ensure they align with new product offering and overall vision.
* Work with OEM and tool vendors to ensure ongoing support and development of device capabilities but also adapt to the needs of our business units.
* Lead strategy and development of Mobile Device Management and Firmware Over the Air initiatives and products advancing the current deployment and planned roadmap.
* Assess new technologies and industry standards for integration, alignment and requirement improvements.
* Work closely with the SMEs and develop contribution going in to standards.
* Conduct trials and proof of concepts with 3rd party partners.
* Provide technical assistance, guidance, and training to other team members and organizations.
* Document and provide status on strategic initiatives to management.
* Present initiatives to Executive Management and outside organizations.
* Manage vendor relationships and budgets.
* Develop ongoing leadership and soft skills.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Seven or more years of experience in engineering and developing of wireless technology solutions.
* Knowledge and experience in System Engineering.
* Experience in software and product life cycle and corresponding processes.
* Proven track record of leading complex projects from concept to implementation.
* Wireless network communications, specifically 4G-LTE and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS).
* Wireless device hardware related to smartphones, tablets, data only devices, set top boxes, routers, and M2M/connected-devices.
* Protocol knowledge: TCP/IP, MQTT, XMPP, Pub/Sub protocols, SIP.
* Device Management Standards and Enabler knowledge: OMA-DM, TR-069, LWM2M, OneM2M, UPnP, DLNA.
* Wireless Technology and architecture experience with: LTE, IMS, VoIP, RCS, ZigBee, Z-wave, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct.
* Bluetooth, M2M concepts, cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS, M2M Gateways, sensor management experience.
* Mobile Security Standards: Global Platform, AAA, Certificates, Key Exchange protocols, Encryption, Multifactor Authentication standards.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to influence organizational direction and initiatives working with all leadership levels, including Senior Executive Management.
* Familiarity with network service based architecture.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.