Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Microsoft vision. Fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want. Creating these devices involves close partnership between hardware engineers, software engineers, designers, manufacturing along with the various industry partners that closely collaborate to create industry defining experiences - yes, it does take a village!! We are now designing the next generation and Surface needs you - come join our village.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in software and/or product development
* Proven track record of shipping high volume consumer devices
* Proven track record of designing and directing complex architecture that spans multiple technologies from core kernel to the application layer
* Experience with developing kernel mode and user mode drivers for Operating Systems
* BS or higher in Engineering.
* Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills
* Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
* Experience with new hardware bring-up and factory manufacturing.
* Experience with leading geographically diverse teams
* Previous experience managing a team of engineers through a complete product cycle
* Ability to handle the debugger well to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems
* Experience with embedded system software development, especially at a system architectural level
* Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
* High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
* Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
* Some domestic and international travel will be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development leader with a strong systems background. Job responsibilities will encompass designing and coding drivers, tools and firmware across various technologies in Surface devices within the Surface team as well as with partners to deliver high quality products to market. The job is highly dynamic and involves working across various disciplines to successfully deliver the product with the Surface experience and quality.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.