Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Would you like to contribute your ideas on how to build large-scale distributed Database-as-a-Service offerings for public and private clouds?
Would you want to work with the team responsible for the development of tools used by the next generation autonomous database service? Our software is at the core of Oracle's autonomous database service - world's first "self-driving" database.
The Database Cloud Service Development team is responsible for designing, developing and delivering the Oracle Database Cloud Service. Our service adoption rate is growing rapidly, and the product features are designed to allow customers automated management of their mission critical environments. We are a global team with developers in the US, Mexico, and India.
Brief Posting Description:
We are currently looking for highly motivated engineers with cloud infrastructure and service development experience to work in the Database Cloud Platform Development team. This person would be involved in architecture, design, prototype, and development of the various aspects of Database on Cloud releases. The position is open for our Redwood City, California location.
Qualifications and experience:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields
* 10 years of software design and development experience with at least two years in distributed cloud stack
* Competency in programming with Java and Python
* Proficiency in working with Linux environment
* Proven track record of working with large, scalable systems for enterprise customers
* Concepts of multi-tenancy: virtualization and containerization is a strong plus
* Relational Database Management concepts knowledge and experience is a plus
* Experience working with Cloud infrastructure APIs, REST API model is very helpful
Work on features for Database on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platforms, which includes but may not be limited to the following:
* Work closely with senior developers and architects as well as Product Management, IT and Operations teams for architecting, designing and developing Database Cloud products
* Participate in transformational projects to deliver scalable, extensible and differentiated Platform-as-a-Service on the Cloud
* Work with Oracle Compute product team to define requirements and tightly integrate DB with the Compute Platform
* Interact with various Oracle Product teams to understand how those features can be incorporated into the DB-as-a-Service offering
* Provide root-cause analysis and fixes for issues product-related customer and quality assurance issues
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.