Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Database Administrator/Engineer to be a member of an application development and support program. The DBA/DBE will support the full lifecycle of software development on a program utilizing the agile software development methodology. The DBA/DBE will also support the migration of the applications to the cloud.
The Database Administrator/Engineer will perform the following:
* Database schema creation, standardization and management
* Translate a data model or logical database design into an actual physical database.
* Database performance management and tuning and proactively monitoring the database
* Oversee daily performance of database and identifying sources of performance problems in coordination with software architect and enterprise DBA.
* Perform base-lining and forecasting database performance data and tuning database hardware/software configurations
* Provide technical support in the evaluation of database object names, data elements, and other objects.
* TS/SCI with polygraph clearance required
* Minimum Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline. Eight years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree
* Experience related to Oracle 11g or higher
* Experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL procedures, packages and scripts
* Experience conducting computer diagnostics to investigate, resolve problems and provide technical assistance and support
* Experience with Postgres
* Experience with Cloud
* Certification in Oracle Database Administration
* Experience with Oracle 12c Container and Pluggable databases
* Experience in developing automated tasks to collect database metrics, assess data quality, and to perform database utility operations
* Experience in using Oracle data pump import and export to populate development, test, training and V&V environments
* Experience in management of user and application accounts and privileges to maintain least privilege best practices
* Experience in providing remediation inputs to system accreditation process and applying changes as needed
* Experience in database script deployment within an Agile software development environment
* Involvement with full stack development a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.