The Principal Data Warehouse Engineer is a senior member of the Informatics EDW group which builds and supports the Enterprise Data Warehouse to deliver strategic business value to the organization. The Principal DW Engineer will collaborate with product owners to plan and define requirements, and then with the implementation team to design, develop, test and maintain a high performance data warehouse environment. The DW architecture delivers BI capabilities including pre-defined, ad-hoc, dynamic reporting, OLAP analysis, and dashboards as well as data sharing interfaces with other systems.
Design, develop, test, and support the data warehouse solution. Adapt best practices and industry standards to the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington environment, ensuring top quality deliverables and playing an integral role in cross-functional system integration. Identify emerging trends/technologies and incorporate into the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Data Warehouse as appropriate.
Lead in an Agile team environment to deliver EDW/BI business value as defined by a Product Owner, by providing high quality and performant EDW/BI solutions. Know the business value of your work and ensure team success in meeting sprint commitments; be flexible, show initiative and develop additional skill sets to improve team capabilities and throughput.
Lead and Mentor other team members in DW best practices and development processes; assist other teams as a technical and/or subject area SME.
* Minimum ten (10) or more years demonstrated experience in three or more of the following: Data analysis; requirements gathering; data modeling; ETL; ELT, quality assurance; testing of DW systems; BI reporting.
* Minimum ten (10) or more years Information systems experience in a Data warehouse/business intelligence, measurement or application development environment.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
License, Certification, Registration
* Experience with ETL and ELT.
* Experience with Quality Assurance and Testing in a relational database environment.
* Experience in the implementation of end user analytical toolsets.
* Experience working in an agile development methodology.
* Experience designing Data Management processes and standards for Metadata Management, Data Architecture, Data Quality, and Data Security.
* Demonstrated experience developing measurement, business intelligence, and data warehousing solutions.
* Hands-on programming and database design skills (primarily SQL and stored procedures).
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent spoken, listening and written communication at various levels of the business.
* Ability to select and apply highly technical and specialized toolsets and quickly to adapt to changes and advances in technology for Data Warehousing (RDBMS, ETL, etc.), OLAP and BI systems.
* Strong data warehouse modeling expertise (i.e. integrated model, and star/snowflake schema data model).
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse (BIDW) data modelling best practices.
* Ten (10) or more years experience and demonstrated success in multidisciplinary roles in complex data warehouse, business intelligence or measurement projects.
* Five (5) years of experience and demonstrated knowledge of Agile DW/BI best practices.
* Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer sciences, mathematics, business administration, MIS, health care or public administration.
* Demonstrated success in multidisciplinary roles in complex data warehouse, business intelligence or measurement projects.
* Utilizing Agile methodologies for DW/BI solutions.
Primary Location: Washington,Renton,Renton Administration - Rainier 2715 Naches Ave. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Information Technology Department: Information Technology - Data Warehouse Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >