What you'll be doing...
As the Principal Data Scientist, you will develop quantitative and computational solutions using big data, statistical analyses, machine learning, optimization and related analytical techniques to solve complex supply chain challenges. In addition, you will enable the architecture required to advance analytical solutions in our supply chain ecosystem. This position requires excellent communication and leadership skills to lead conceptualization, prototyping, testing, and execution of advanced statistical models and machine learning algorithms, and drive financial results and stakeholder engagement.
* Drive strategic efforts across the supply chain organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved device life cycle management, rationalized supplier portfolio, working capital optimization and cost reduction
* Translate supply chain challenges into analytical problems and effectively communicate results and business implications to key stakeholders
* Own the development and execution of quantitative solutions and provide predictive and prescriptive insights into supply chain strategies, including forecast/planning, supplier rationalization, inventory and SKU management, etc.
* Mentor the data scientists and analysts for technical modeling questions and the state-of-the-art tools in the field
* Work as the analytics lead, support our core business targets set by the upper management, and contribute to analytics initiatives across the Global Supply Chain organization
* Explore new technologies related to advanced analytics and assess their maturity level and readiness to be implemented in the global supply chain such as AI/Machine Learning, Block chain, and cloud computing.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience within Supply Chain, Business analytics, Computer science, Information Systems or related field
* Experience with SQL and statistical software packages (e.g., R, SAS or SPSS).
* Experienced in modeling and data science.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, Supply Chain or related discipline.
* Experience in Coding skills in a general-purpose programming language (e.g., C/C++, Java or Python).
* Experience with strategic projects and change management as well as the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience in problem solving and engaging and influencing functional leaders and stakeholders.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.