Req ID: 48694
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
The Principal Data Scientist applies expert level statistical analysis, data modeling, and predictive analysis on strategic and operational problems in airline business. As a key member of the Sabre Operations Research team, you will leverage your statistical and business expertise to translate business questions into data analysis and models, define suitable KPIs, and graphically present results to a wide range of audiences in-cluding internal and external clients, sales, and development team. In addition, you will source data from multiple different data sources, write high-quality data manipulation scripts in R, Python, Perl, bash, etc, develop and apply data mining and machine learning algorithms for advanced analysis and prediction. You will also utilize your strong communication skills to work with developers to support product development cycles and decision makers who need empirical data to promote sales and growth.
* Work with subject matter experts from airlines to identify opportunities for leveraging data to deliver in-sights and actionable prediction of customer behavior and operations performance.
* Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources, data gathering and forecasting techniques.
* Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and run proof of concept studies.
* Design market sampling framework and incorporate obtained feedback into predictive and prescriptive methodologies.
* Collaborate with software engineers to implement and test production quality code for forecasting and da-ta analytics models.
* Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy and models' performance.
* Advanced Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning or related Quantitative disciplines.
* Ability to apply modeling and analytical skills to real-world problems demonstrated over 8-10 years of experience.
* Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
* Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statisti-cal tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
* Experience working with and creating data architectures.
* Experience with deployment of machine learning and statistical models on a cloud and leveraging services like Amazon SageMaker and Amazon Forecast.
* A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
* Familiarity with airline, hospitality or retailing industries and decision support systems employed there.
* Experience developing customer choice models, price elasticity estimation and market potential estimation.
* Understanding of airline distribution, pricing, revenue management, NDC and Offer/Order Management concepts.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Database, SQL, Computer Science, Java, Developer, Technology
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.