Amazon Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies, TV shows, Amazon Channels and live events with hundreds of thousands of titles available on-demand and in realtime on Fire Tablets, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, TVs, Blu-ray players, Alexa devices, Fire TV and Stick, and set-top-boxes.
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy working on one of the most critical customer paths experienced by billions of customers around the world? Are you intensely curious to understand how all sorts of customers discover video content on hundreds of device? If so, come join the Prime Video Search team. We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to be a primary member of our leadership team and direct our efforts in deeply understanding how customers use search to find and consume live and on-demand content, as well as how search drives Prime Video's KPIs. In this role, you will be part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions of customers. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up.
As a Principal Data Scientist in Prime Video's Search team, you'll discover insights that drive marketing, content, product and technical strategy for our Prime Video streaming service. You will have the opportunity to work with a huge and rapidly growing data set generated by living room, mobile, desktop and Alexa video streaming application usage interactions and video consumption behaviors. You'll understand the business drivers behind our content acquisition, customer acquisition, engagement and retention strategies. You'll have an opportunity to explore open-end challenges, and will help use data to tell the story of why Search matters for our customers. You will identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems, as well as collaborate closely with engineering and product teams to redefine the future of how customers find content on Prime Video. You need to be a sophisticated user of advanced quantitative techniques for answering specific business questions, and an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
Major responsibilities include:
Translate / Interpret
* Complex and interrelated datasets describing customer behavior, messaging, content, product design and financial impact.
Measure / Quantify / Expand
* Retrieve, synthesize, and present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
* Analyze historical data to identify trends and support decision making.
* Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
* Provide requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines.
* Apply statistical or machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
Explore / Enlighten
* Formalize assumptions about how users are expected to behave, create statistical definition of the outlier, and develop methods to systematically identify these outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
* Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
* Make Decisions and Recommendations
* Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problem you defined
* Conduct written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
* Utilize code (Python/R/SQL) for data analyzing and modeling algorithms
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.