Xbox Live is an exceptional place to work - for every gamer, and every non-gamer with a real passion for deeply understanding our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and even better still when we lift and grow one another. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas. And we have fun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
Xbox Live, the leading gamer network spanning console, PC and mobile games, is central to Microsoft's gaming strategy. Xbox Live provides the breadth of social gaming experiences with Xbox Live clubs, friends, chat, messaging, community hubs, game hubs, game activity feed, and much more. Xbox Live has an exemplary future as it expands to serve many more scenarios where consumers, and creators interact with each other.
We are looking for a creative, analytical and experienced engineering leader to run the Xbox Live Data team. In this role, you will lead a passionate group of engineers and data scientists and closely collaborate with Xbox leadership, program managers, design, marketing, and data scientists. You will help deepen our understanding of gamers and their relationship with other gamers and game content, to provide more meaningful and richer experiences. You will help drive our culture of learning user behavior from empirical data and guide product development and AB testing.
* At least 10 years of professional software development or data science experience and 3 years of people management experience
* At least 5 years of experience using data and insights to drive product changes, formally via A/B experiments, and presenting insights to leadership/partners
* Customer obsession, and a real passion for delivering delightful consumer end-to-end experiences.
* Genuine love for the product and seeks out opportunity to ideate and follow through with execution.
* Experience running an agile team that ideates, gets things done quickly, measures, gets user feedback and repeats.
* Effective interpersonal skills and a history of growing people
* BA/BS or advanced degree in computer science, statistics, math, economics, business or engineering is ideal
* Dedication for design and enjoy crafting highly performance services
* Experience with highly scalable, distributed service architectures, productionalizing ML models, high velocity streaming pipelines or high scale data pipelines, etc.
* Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kusto, Elasticsearch, etc.
* Familiarity with Gaming and Social Network domains
* A strong performance history
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* As a technical leader, you will provide architectural mentorship, hold a high bar on quality and manage the projects through meticulous execution. You are not afraid to roll up sleeves and be in the trenches if needed.
* As a people manager you will inspire, attract, hire, mentor and grow a team of talented engineers, analysts, and data scientists.
* As an innovator, you will deliver the insights that drive the Xbox business and products.
We do not have a fixed list of requirements. Deeply understanding what excites our existing users and what motivates new users to join Xbox Live is part of the job. In Xbox Live, we own the end to end experiences. Identify MVP, implement fast, flight to a target set of users, collect data from real users, iterate, pivot and repeat - this is the DNA of our development culture.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.