Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's Cyber Infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman team.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Fort Belvoir, VA
Roles and Responsibilities
* Maintains systems and coordinates work activities with engineering staff and other service providers
* Monitors and manages system resources to maintain system efficiency
* Performs user access functions such as creating user profiles and accounts
* In coordination with other support elements, supports system software/hardware maintenance and data backups
* Support IA activities such as IAVA patching and STIG compliance
* Designs, develops, evaluates and modifies systems throughout their lifecycle
* Gathers, validates, and manages requirements
* Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures
* Participates in system conceptual design and documentation
* Supports establishing system specifications and collaborates with engineering teams to develop systems
* Supports design reviews and test plans/procedures execution
* Mentors mid-level and junior staff
* Experience maintaining and supporting computer monitoring and managing system resources, and performing security administration functions such as user profile and account access management
* Proficient in maintaining system documentation, optimizing system performance, and installing software
* Experience performing systems engineering tasks, monitoring, optimizing systems, and measuring system performance
* Bachelor's with 5 years of experience OR Master's with 3 years of experience
* Must possess a DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
* Active TS/SCI clearance
* Experience providing IA support, including IAVA and STIG compliance
* Excellent verbal commuication skills
* Ability to provide conceptual system design and supporting documentation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our completeEEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.