How do cyber terrorists get past the industry's best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then this is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Principal Cyber Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Laurel, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Looking for a Principal Software Engineer to augment the Metrics Launch Pad Team. This position will be assisting with design and developing code in support of enhancement of current software to operate in a HA environment for the customer's various analytic hosting platforms.
* Shall have fourteen (14) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
* Shall be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to programmer/analysts, as required.
* Shall have four (4) years experience out of the most recent five (5) years as a software development or lifecycle support lead or subsystem top level contributor on mission critical 24 by 7 SIGINT productions systems in one of the following areas:
o Voice or video processing system requiring ingest of multiple audio and video formats, playback to end users, storage, and retrieval.
o Transcription systems requiring input, synchronization and linkage with original content, storage, and retrieval.
o Field deployable voice processing systems including data capture of multiple audio formats playback, ingest, storage and retrieval.
o Average ingest, storage, content search and retrieval of 500GB/day or more of multilingual text.
o Distributed Peer to Peer content storage and retrieval systems with more than 500 nodes
o Metadata indexing, metadata summarization, content and metadata data mining, visualization and analytics.
* Shall have four (4) years experience out of the most recent five (5) years developing solutions
* Shall have four (4) years experience in evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations, allocating resources, generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, on MD Agency projects.
* Shall have six (6) years of demonstrated experience out of the most recent eight (8) years developing production software for one of the following environments: Windows .NET, Solaris, or Linux OS.
* Shall have six (6) years experience in developing systems performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid to large scale system/programs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.