An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). DESCRIPTION You want to change the world too, don't you?
What if you could shape the way companies drive and increase their business success by introducing groundbreaking Cloud solutions in an impactful and innovative way? At Oracle, you can create Tomorrow Today together with our customers across a range of global industries as part of our Technology Consulting team.
As a Technology Consultant, your main task is to help our customers build their cloud journeys. You are responsible for defining and justifying architectures, implementing and delivering solutions per Oracle best practices. You will be working with our biggest enterprise customers. Very often, you are leading a consulting team (defining and distributing work, evaluating quality, motivating people) and cooperating with the sales team. You are given the chance to work with the new and emerging technologies related to enterprise databases and data storage solutions. For example, architect, build and deploy high performance databases and replication services to provides seamless data storage for various types of data.
* Operate independently or as part of a team to provide quality work products in a consulting engagement.
* Perform varied, complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, to architect and implement Oracle technology to address customers' requirements.
* Apply Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
* Leverage industry and technical knowledge to recommend relevant and innovative solutions that support your customers' desired outcomes.
* Lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
* Act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members.
* Design, present and articulate Oracle technology to a variety of external and internal stakeholder audiences.
* Travel as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE The Database Consultant will be an integral member of the Oracle Consulting Team and the ideal candidate must have:
* More than 5-7 years' experience as a consultant or equivalent position.
* Hold BC Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Architecture of database solutions based on Oracle software and related technologies.
* Build and design of database solutions based on Oracle software and/or related technologies.
* Swedish speaking is desired. English speaking is a must.
* Extensive knowledge of enterprise data solutions, on-premise and/or in the Cloud
* Extensive knowledge of Oracle Database, Oracle RAC and Dataguard
* Extensive knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, No-SQL
* Automation and scripting (Shell scripts, python etc.)
* Know how to design and architecture zero-downtime database solutions.
* Knowledge of Big Data concepts (Hadoop etc.)
Good to have knowledge of:
* Oracle Cloud Offerings (Database Cloud Service, Oracle Big Data Cloud Service etc.)
* Oracle Business Analytics (BI, Analytics etc.)
* Methodology (TCM, RUP, SCRUM etc.)
* Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and Oracle GolenGate
* Oracle Enterprise Manager
Sounds Like You? We Want To Hear From You! What's In It For You? When You Grow, We Grow!
At Oracle, our success starts with people who make it happen - our employees. Therefore, Oracle is committed to providing you with the rewarding career development you're seeking, but also with unmatched benefits that help you get the most out of your career and your life.
WHAT MAKES #ORACLETALENT?
* A network of Talented and motivated colleagues striving to excellence.
* A stimulating environment where you create your own career path.
* Professional development, training, and tools that enable you to grow.
* Flexibility to balance your life and your career, and enjoy both to the fullest.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.