Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Optimist manages your underwriting process through a single, integrated and configurable solution. Delivered with industry standard templates for consistent financial analysis. Optimist includes a fully configurable rating platform for PD and LGD support, and a pricing engine for risk-adjusted deal pricing.
What you will be doing
As a member of the Professional Services team, this senior leadership position plays a key role in the success of customer implementations of the Commercial Loan Origination (CLO) product. CLO is a loan origination tool that banks use to track commercial loans throughout the full lending lifecycle. The Principal Implementation Consultant will be involved in all aspects of servicing our clients and prospects. This includes utilizing expert domain knowledge to support presales in closing opportunities, scoping projects including working with customers to elicit, analyze, communicate, document and validate business requirements for the CLO application. This role is looked to as the functional leader on the team. The right candidate will have expert level knowledge of commercial lending functions and significant experience working in a vendor capacity implementing loan origination systems for customers.
* Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Conducts very complex scoping exercises including multi-product, multi-group or multi-location initiatives
* Helps clients define their vision, project direction and objectives
* Acts as a subject matter expert and disseminates functional knowledge in various settings such as forums, client demos, etc.
* Analyze business and user needs, document business requirements, and translation into proper system requirement and design specifications.
* Facilitates solution design across groups to drive a single vision that is clear to the customer
* Analyze and document business processes and metrics and identify improvement opportunities.
* Re-engineer processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
* Identify/document how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
* Assess and project the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
* Size work effort and work with project manager to identify task dependencies and create project schedules.
* Assist and guide the customer in writing test plans and test cases to ensure testing aligns with the requirements presented.
* Guide the customer in implementation best practices and manage customer expectations to ensure their success in the project.
* Oversees configuration activities and ensures consultants are providing high quality deliverables.
* Conduct a variety of tests such as system, quality and peer reviews. Ensure that the configuration is correct per the agreed upon documentation. Verify through testing that changes made to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Report and review testing results.
* Isolate and resolve complex configuration issues.
* Train internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conduct one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
* Mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced consultants or offshore resources. Assists with people development activities (such as onboarding, interviewing, and training).
* Liaise with other internal groups such as development staff and support teams.
* Develops insights and repeatable frameworks to expand practice area of the firm.
* Actively pursues additional work and looks for opportunities to provide additional value to clients. Applies expertise that results in additional viable client opportunities, expanded knowledge within the firm, or the development of intellectual capital.
* Achieve utilization targets.
* Open communication and transparency: We are an organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way in order to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
* Ability to lead and take actions: Given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
* Anticipation and Proactivity: Our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks and client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
* Creativity and Pragmatism: In combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the "how will they be implemented" into their evaluation
* Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We accept mistakes, they are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. On the other hand, we cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative. Finally, as not every initiative can fail and because our business is ultimately to deliver solutions to the client, ability to turn actions and initiatives into actual results is key.
What you bring:
* End-to-end software implementation experience (preferably at a software vendor).
* Understands the full IT project life cycle from requirements gathering through implementation and go live.
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in commercial loan origination and credit analysis.
* Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills.
* Utilized by clients and colleagues as a key trusted advisor with a reputation for results.
* Understands the latest business/ technology trends within the product/solution offering.
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of competitors and competitive advantage.
* Ability to meet deadlines and communicate status appropriately and timely.
* Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take. Can negotiate win/win outcomes internally and externally.
* Ability to travel up to 50%.
Preferred if candidate have:
* Strong Commercial Lending Background and Knowledge
* Experience with Software Implementations from the Vendor perspective
* Any Loan Accounting
What we offer you
* A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
* A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
* A competitive salary and benefits
* A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities