We are now looking for a Principal Compiler Engineer for our Deep Learning team.
Academic and commercial groups around the world are using GPUs to power a revolution in deep learning, enabling breakthroughs in problems from image classification to speech recognition to natural language processing and artificial intelligence. Join the team that is developing advanced technology for the software which will be used by the entire deep learning community.
What you'll be doing:
* Develop technologies and products involving optimizing compilers, code generators and runtime execution frameworks for NVIDIA GPUs and accelerators for Deep Learning.
* Work on compiling a graph intermediate representation (IR) to target specific code and define the interfaces to runtime systems and libraries.
* Your contributions will advance state of the art in compiler technology for delivering high performance for acceleration of artificial intelligence workloads across a variety of workloads ranging from inference to training.
* Develop both online and offline code generation techniques for use in the deep learning execution environment NVIDIA is developing.
* Collaborate with members of the software framework teams and the hardware architecture teams to accelerate the next generation of deep learning software. You will work on integrating the backend in a variety of frameworks.
What we need to see:
* Masters or PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
* 8-10 years of significant work or research experience in compiler optimizations, synthesis, optimization, code generation, programming models and computer architecture.
* Love to work independently, define project scope and goals, and lead your own efforts
* Excellent programming and software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design. Experience with C/C++is a plus.
* Experience with the following technologies is a huge plus: deep learning models and algorithms, and deep learning framework design.
* Strong communication skills are required along with the ability to work in a dynamic product oriented team. A history of mentoring junior engineers and interns is a bonus.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* Knowledge of CPU and/or GPU architecture. CUDA or OpenCL programming experience desired but not required
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and hard-working people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
NVIDIA is a company which provides graphics processing units (GPUs) for the gaming and professional markets, as well as system on a chip units (SoCs) for the mobile computing and automotive market.