Principal Cloud Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) at Cornerstone will help move the business from on-premise data centers to the public cloud, building tooling and monitoring to help us be successful in our transition. We're looking to move fast, instrument everything, and release often; this team of engineers will help transform our business to remain competitive in a crowded marketplace.
You will leverage your experience and expertise to build new distributed systems that empower our developers to safely release products that our customers' need. You'll partner with engineers and product owners to ensure systems and features are resilient and designed to scale. The ideal candidate will be passionate about automation, the public cloud, and building tooling that makes our jobs easier.
In this role you will…
* Own the overall health and performance of our customer-facing applications, services, and infrastructure.
* Evaluate, introduce, and build tooling to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and monitor production code in a large-scale mixed (Windows, Linux) public cloud environment.
* Partner closely between product and engineering teams to ensure code and infrastructure is designed and released in an automated and operational manner.
* Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation for escalated issues.
* Understand, deploy, and scale complex, distributed systems in a public cloud environment.
* Introduce new technologies and processes to continuously help optimize Cornerstone's engineering capacity.
* Mentor associate, mid-level, and senior engineers on engineering best practices.
You've got what it takes if you have…
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
* 3 or more years of experience with troubleshooting internet-facing applications and services.
* Both a UNIX/Linux systems and Windows Server administration background.
* Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, C#, or Java).
Extra dose of awesome if you have…
* Experience supporting the operations of a large-scale public-facing internet business.
* Experience with large web-based distributed systems architectures running .NET code on IIS.
* Experience with both on-premise datacenters and public cloud providers at scale.
* Strong communication skills and an ability to work well in a geographically-distributed work environment with individuals from exceedingly diverse backgrounds and differing skill sets.
* Experience partnering with software engineers and product managers to rapidly and safely ship experimental features.
* Both deep and wide knowledge in most of the following technologies and concepts: SQL and NoSQL databases, caching technologies, content delivery networks, filesystems, distributed architectures, eventual consistency, application security best practices, data structures, networking, firewalls, configuration management, source control, and CI/CD tooling and best practices.
* U.S. Citizenship - employees work on FedRamp related projects
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a provider of a comprehensive learning and talent management solutions delivered as Software-as-a-Service.