What you'll be doing...
You will be working on a team to ensure the security of Verizon's internal cloud infrastructure platform, orchestration tools, tenants, golden images, logging configurations, and networking environments. In this role, you will ensure the existing deployments comply with Verizon Security Policies, and review upcoming projects, designs, upgrades, and enhancements to ensure they also comply with our internal guidelines. You will be required to document your findings and recommendations, plus be able to explain and defend them across multiple teams. You will be expected to provide solutions or alternatives to issues discovered.
In this role, you will interface across many internal security, planning, engineering, and operations teams; executive leadership; external vendors; and business partners. The ability to ingest information and explain concepts clearly is a necessity.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or sixor more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* 3+ years of experience and background in network security, telecommunications with work history over the last three or more years in a technical support role.
* Strong knowledge of network security standards and their implementation in compliance to corporate security policies.
* Knowledge of security best practices with prior responsibilities protecting information assets.
* Ability to translate security requirements implementation into formal written procedures.
* Strong knowledge of Network Layers, Network Architecture and Network Topology.
* Strong knowledge OpenStack framework implementation.
* Experience in the support of Data, transport and Midrange network platforms.
* Experience in User / system administration of Linux, UNIX and Windows servers.
* An understanding of general database concepts, hardware and software troubleshooting.
* Excellent documentation and organization skills.
* Ability to multi-task, take direction, prioritize, and manage multiple activities / tasks to achieve objectives.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Capability to present and communicate to both superiors and peers.
* Knowledge and experience in designing, configuring, implementing, troubleshooting and supporting security solutions on multi-site critical network environments.
* Experience building, updating, and maintaining technical training documentation.
* Experience analyzing security components of targeted system to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement (evaluation process).
* Experience providing policy and procedure interpretation and clarification, technical information and security guidance to managers, data owners, project leads, application development teams, system operators and users.
* Experienced in communicating security risks in business terms that can be clearly understood at all levels of the organization.
* Experienced providing technical training and assistance to junior team members.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.