Are you a hands-on developer who has built full-stack cloud-native applications?
Can you lead teams of engineers to architect, build and deliver applications running on AWS?
Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact software development projects that are technically broad and deep?
Do you have experience leading diverse teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
Are you passionate about developing applications that transform industries?
Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high availability features of the AWS cloud. On the AWS platform, services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to design and build cloud-ready applications.
AWS is looking for talented hands-on technical architects and senior developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving AWS platform.
Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
As a Principal Architect, you'll be expected to:
* Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional customer projects.
* Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
* Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
* Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
* Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
* Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
* Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like APIGateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS.
* Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
* Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures.
* Advise on implementing AWS best practices.
* Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise.
* Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.