What you'll be doing...
As a Principal Cisco UCCaaS Engineer, you will be part of Verizon's Professional Services UCCaaS team and serve as a technical Subject Matter Expert and technical / team leader for Cisco UC design, deployment, implementation, and post-implementation support.
Your focus will be on Verizon's Unified Communications and Collaboration as a Service (UCCaaS) product. In support of customer solutions, Verizon PS focuses on planning, designing, implementing, optimizing, and supporting managed deployments and other converged unified communications solutions to meet our customers' needs. Additional support might include providing training and workshop activities, consulting services, and review of custom designs.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
* Serve as the primary design & implementation engineer for Verizon's UCCaaS portfolio - to include Cisco integrated solutions.
* Lead technical team of mid-level & junior engineers.
* Work with customers, vendors, and internal account teams to properly design and deploy designed solutions.
* Advise Verizon and customer teams on best-practices for successful solutions.
* Lead technical sessions with customers and pre-sales solution architects to discover, understand, and apply requirements and develop solutions.
* Prepare project design, and related process documentation and as-built documents.
* Present solutions to sales teams if required.
* Effectively interface with Verizon leaders/executives and customers.
* Lead project teams on successful deployment and delivery of Verizon services.
* Mentor and develop junior engineers and contractors.
* Interface directly with Cisco, Verizon Service Desks, Verizon Product Development, and vendors associated with delivery solution.
* Evaluate and recommend new technologies.
* Support after-hours cutovers routinely and be able to accommodate evening schedules whenever the customer schedule requires.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Six or more years of experience as a Principal Cisco UC Engineer with experience designing, implementing, optimizing and supporting Cisco solutions, and leading delivery teams.
* Experience as a manager in VoIP Service Delivery.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree.
* Ten or more years of experience with a technology vendor or systems integrator selling, designing, and implementing Cisco UC systems and solutions.
* Experience as a Verizon UCCaaS Oversight Principal.
* Sonus / AudioCodes / Oracle-Acme SBC configuration experience.
* Experience with delivering Cisco Telepresence.
* Experience integrating other technologies like Microsoft UC.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.