What you'll be doing...
The Principal Network Architect will provide overall engineering oversight of Advanced Technology Group products and services to include networking and application enablement. In this role, you are considered an expert in developing traditional LAN WAN and architecture and able to apply this knowledge to a customer's internetworking environment. You are the point of contact and subject matter expert to the solutions architect for current and future technology deployment and adoption. The Principal Network Architects utilize sound engineering principles and industry best practices consistent with Verizon's approved product set which allows the customer to rely on them for technical expertise in the design, implementation, and evolution of their architecture.
You are considered a subject matter expert with the ability to mentor solution architects to drive excellence in solutions development, and lead opportunity closure through strategic engagement with cross-functional teams.
* Identify opportunities for more effective technical support to field-based technical teams.
* Proactively monitor projects and peer reviews to maximize sales results.
* Interface directly with client and technical personnel at all levels as required to provide consistent, high quality technical support and to develop sales/service opportunities.
* Accelerate strategic service solutions bundles.
* Lead technology discussion in executive briefings and customer presentations.
* Manage T&E to effectively balance virtual and in person travel needs.
* Consistently share successes and expertise across the SA community.
* Engage peer organizations to resolve customer issues.
* Provide timely market information, drivers and customer feedback to our partner organizations for product and technology positioning and enhancements.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in selling IT and managed telecommunications solution
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree
* Ten or more years of experience in a variety of disciplines related to the selling of IT and managed telecommunications solutions. Disciplines may include Data and IP Services, Managed Network Services / Security Solutions, Cloud & Virtualized Services including NFV and SDN, or IT Applications Management / NetDev Opps.
* Seven or more years of experience in a customer facing interaction and delivering presentations
* Five or more years of architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and/or telecom based products and service.
* Knowledge of TOGAF and/or ITIL standards for architecture and delivery.
* Strong financial analysis experience (P&L, ROI, cost analysis, business case development)
* Strong communication skills
* Experience with network and carrier diversity.
* Industry certifications in one or more of the following: Hardware: Cisco/Viptela, Fortinet, Versa, Juniper, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Riverbed, Coriant.
* Cellular and WiFI Wireless experience in WAN design and business continuity.
* Experience in sales or service of Fortune 500 companies.
* Project delivery in a Fortune 100 company.
* "Big 4" consulting experience.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.