The Technical Architect is responsible for application design and implementation. While this position includes hands-on development work, it also focuses a majority of the time on technical leadership, which includes code reviews, coaching engineers, documenting and evolving coding standards and best practices, performing data modeling, participating in advanced troubleshooting of production and pre-production systems, and authoring frameworks and utilities to improve the efficiency of the engineering staff.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
7-10 years progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
7-10 year's experience working in solutions design and enterprise architecture delivering IT solutions.
7-10 year's experience in Enterprise applications, PLM, middle-tier services, database, storage, distributed computing, virtualization and/or application technology.
Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of degree, equivalent industry experience may be considered.
▪ Partners with Digital Architects to evangelize Architecture principals and best practices across the organization.
▪ Serves as a Lead or contributing Architect on multiple strategic projects representing and driving architectural design decisions for T-Mobile systems.
Innovation and Leadership
▪ Maintains accountability for solution designs all the way to deployment.
Technology and System
▪ Owns overall architecture for multiple capabilities across multiple systems.
▪ Collaborates across the Enterprise on frameworks, standards and libraries.
▪ Supports product lifecycle from business discussions through test/deploy as it relates to requirement refinement and data designs business needs.
▪ Creates scalable, extensible designs (for high complexity initiatives) that are easy to implement and perform and follows architecture standards for IT system design and enable success for IT teams.
▪ Proactively identifies, addresses and escalates (if needed) when solutions are overlycomplex or will compromise implementation.
▪ Develops proof-of-concept (POC) and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
▪ Works closely with the business during ideation and vision stages of new projects - helping define solution options to drive business case development prior to project funding and start-up.
▪ Provides support to Senior Architects on assessments and work-effort estimates for the business and routinely as part of the project intake process for our architecture team.
Relationship and People Management
▪ Communicates solution designs clearly in multiple modes of communication - diagrams, documents, verbally.
▪ Works with Business and IT partner teams to understand and document system requirements for data, SLAs/service levels, user experience, archiving/legal requirements, training, data governance, and performance.
▪ Conducts peer reviews to solicit feedback on materials created.
Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.