Principal Architect Software Systems Engineer
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
As a Principal Software Systems Engineer, you are responsible for software and programmable logic system architecture in our R&D environment. In this software system architect role, you will lead a software systems engineering team in development, implementation, testing and analysis of technical products and systems.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Software/PL requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
* System design synthesis of simple systems
* Define processing architecture to include FPGA and GPU based processing
* Lead verification of software/PL requirements
* Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
* Present results during internal and external program meetings
* Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of minor activities
* Develop, track and present technical metrics
* Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
* Developing processes and standards for software/PL architectures
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a U.S. citizen with an existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science; Master's degree is desired
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in a related engineering field with some systems engineering experience, preferably in complex system development
* Experience in design, development, and /or testing or radar or sensor processing is required
* Experience with radar system components including antenna, receiver, exciter, and processor
* Skilled in requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
* Software architecture, design, development and test experience is required
* Proficient with Matlab and C, C , Python
* Exposure to programmable logic design flow, including pinout definitions, code generation and timing closure
* Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 10% and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.