Are you passionate about transforming the way in which people communicate and connect around the world at work and at home? Are you motivated by the challenges of building real-time communication services at cloud-scale? The Skype & Teams Infrastructure (IC3) team is looking for a strong architect to join our team driving the strategic investments in the evolution of our overall system architecture for Microsoft Teams and beyond.
This is unique opportunity for an experienced software developer/architect with a strong technical background and Microsoft development experience to play a critical role in Microsoft Teams and our broader real-time communication ambitions. Responsibilities range from leading technical due diligence, architectural brainstorming with potential strategic customers/partners, selecting, and prioritizing the evolution of the architecture to supporting strategic opportunities, devising ways to strategically leverage machine learning, and working with engineers, PMs, and data scientists to select high-level service abstractions to evolve our infrastructure, working closely with the architecture team of IC3 team to further Microsoft's commitment to real-time communications.
You should have a minimum of five years of experience complex engineering problems and ten years in software/service product development/management and driving agile product development. Since
teamwork is critical to our success, you should have great communication and teamwork skills, and be able to work in a high-performance team with minimal supervision. Familiarity with networking and real-time communications protocols is a plus but not required, as is broader experience in distributed computing, containers and microservice architectures, and familiarity with Azure or other cloud services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Be the trusted partner and go-to technical resource for our planning, project, and business development teams - especially in the areas of cloud/web services, machine learning, data analysis and visualization, business intelligence and related areas.
* Be the go-to technical resource for partnership discussions, technical evaluations and negotiations and be the first line representation for our technical capabilities in key presentations and meetings inside and outside the company
* Create and maintain best practices for high quality product engineering, development best practices and conduct architectural reviews
* Collaborate closely with the Chief Architect of IC3 and his team to further our growth and open source efforts
* Participate or lead concept development and rapid productization for proven concepts
* Provide guidance and consultation to portfolio projects on matters related to scale, shipping, and other product development areas
* Be a key resource to our go-to-market and PR efforts, contributing to technical understanding and PR strategies
* Initiate, scope and undertake projects with multiple external partners and stakeholders
* Possess keen awareness and ability to stay abreast of upcoming technical trends and internal roadmaps
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.