The Product Data Architect will be responsible for the design and delivery of enterprise product data solutions and data management in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment leveraging a hosted enterprise MDM platform (Stibo STEP). The Product Data Architect must work with multiple agile development teams to produce a robust data architecture that can be utilized for data collection, transformation, management, and distribution across multiple work streams: Master Data Management (MDM), Data Services, Analytics, e-Commerce and Enterprise Content Management (ECMS) as well as operational applications. The ideal candidate will drive and champion test-driven and agile development, as well as promoting and evolving best practices within the organization. The Product Data Architect should be hands on, detail oriented, self-directed, self-motivated, with a strong capacity for working successfully and flexibly with members across the organization.
* Work in partnership with Architecture, Master Data Management and CMS teams to design, develop and deliver product data across multiple technology and business domains
* Ensure that code adheres to strict standards and best practices for accessibility, security, object-oriented practices, quality and performance
* Identify ways to package new and existing services and capabilities to provide a comprehensive SOA-based platform for data collection and distribution
* Design and implementation leadership for the Stibo STEP system including Inbound and outbound processing, imports, exports, data modelling, workflows, Search, Bulk updates, Business Rules and portal development
* Model and implement solutions for different deployment and continuous integration scenarios, and assist in the development of a build/deploy environment
* Design databases and data messages exchanged among systems based on evolving standards in the domain
* Design and build a reusable, expandable and scalable data services platform that will integrate data from various sources and interfaces that include structured and un-structured data sources
* Produce documentation of standards and guidelines for technical and functional audiences, to include working code examples and interface definitions and templates.
* Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other data service team members.
* Must have strong Agile mentality and skills and be capable of and willing to coach and support the team
* Must be a hands on coder who leads by example
HOW YOU CAN FIT
* Strong communications skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people and work with a variety of internal and external development groups
* Good foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in basic data structures, graphs, algorithms, JVM concurrency, thread-safe design, OO design and services architecture
* Experienced at software performance, scalability, maintainability, reusability and security
* Proponent of Agile practices, scrum and test driven development. Capable and willing to support the scrum master and coach the team as needed
* Ability to lead design sessions, provide guidance on development tasking and participate in architecture and code reviews
* Work both independently as well as within a team involving technical partners and domain subject matter experts to consistently develop and implement high quality, secure, scalable software within expected time and budget
* Ability to operate in a fast paced agile environment with ability to change rapidly
* Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
* Minimum seven (7) years experience in software engineering and design
* Minimum three (5) years experience with enterprise level Master or Product Data Management Systems such as Stibo STEP, Informatica MDM, and IBM InfoSphere
* Minimum two (2) years experience as a Technical Lead or equivalent including leading implementations as well as guiding and mentoring team members to adhere to coding standards and best practices
* Minimum three (2) years experience in back-end data platforms
* Proficiency with designing business processes, workflows, and UX/UI best practices
* Experience with cloud architectures including tools such as Lambda, S3, SQS, Kafka
* Experience with MongoDB or similar NoSQL DBs
* Proficiency with XML/XLST/JSON/JSON-LD
* Maven, Jenkins or other continuous integration
* Experience with messaging and ESB
* Test driven development (TDD) methodology and tools
* Multiple DBMS storage engines, models and access methods (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
In addition, the following experience is beneficial:
* Experience with Master Data Management systems such as Stibo STEP
* Experience in web-publishing and product delivery
* Experience with WS02, Kong, API/ESB Management
* Experience with Scala, Python, and Redshift
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
* 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
* Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
Scholastic is a publisher and distributor of children's books and a leader in educational technology and related services and children's media.