Req #: WHQ00015672-RT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
Provides thought-leadership in enterprise architecture strategy & planning. Defines roadmaps to bridge the gap from current to future state for business, information and technology capabilities. Contribute to the development of multi-year plans in alignment with business and IT strategy. Provide industry-leading thought leadership - and facilitate development of strategies across multiple disciplines/domains. Facilitate development of architecture patterns and standards. Consult in design of complex enterprise initiatives - and provide guidance to project teams. Consult in design of multiple projects across multiple disciplines/domains. Manage enterprise architecture models and repositories. Establish communities of practice in areas of expertise. Communicate and market the enterprise architecture strategy. Coach and mentor other IT staff in area of expertise.
* Align the development of core business capabilities, information assets and technology in response to strategic imperatives.
* Collaborate with the business to evaluate business goals, identify business problems, and propose solutions.
* Provides an enterprise-wide perspective within the United IT division.
* Leads architecture strategy & planning for large programs - and provides guidance to technical staff across multiple projects.
* Model the enterprise-wide business and technology capabilities to analyze the alignment of business strategies and capabilities with technology strategy and solutions.
* Decompose business strategies and initiatives into actionable multi-year roadmaps, providing clear direction on execution in order to ensure a high return on investment.
* Develop and maintain the centralized EA repository and artifacts.
* Provide direction to internal and external resources during the selection and implementation of business systems.
* Participate in the design of business, information and technology architectures on the basis of cost, functionality and practicality.
* Maintain communities of practice surrounding business analysis and IT architecture.
* Facilitate open communication and fact-based decision making.
* Research, identify, and recommend industry best practices for solving business and technology problems.
* Function with autonomy and demonstrate influence.
* Clarify, define, coordinate and direct the work of others.
* Provide guidance to other architects.
* Bachelors degree, preferably in Information Technology or Business or equivalent experience, education, or training.
* Business Acumen - The ability to make insightful, successful business decisions and tradeoffs assessing the internal and external business landscape, strategies, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses. Involves knowledge of the industry - and awareness of the key trends shaping the future of the corporation.
* Creativity & Innovation - The ability to define new, original ideas and successfully implement them across an organization. Involves an ability to think "outside-in", assess conventional work products and processes, define new concepts, and manage change across the organization in implementing them.
* Persuasion - The ability to engage and enroll others in an initiative - both individually and in a group setting. Involves articulating the new possibility for others - and leading and engaging others in direct, positive, meaningful conversations.
* "Big Picture" Thinker - The ability to maintain perspective and establish context. Involves being able to recognize patterns and predict outcomes - and leverage them to redirect personal and/or team work effort in the optimal direction.
* Strategic - The ability to visualize and plan for outcomes in the future, and sustain work in achieving the outcomes. Involves an ability to support short-term trade-offs in order to achieve longer term gain.
* Communication Skills - The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication. Involves an ability to speak and write clearly and understandably at the right level.
* Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
* Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
* Prioritization - The ability to successfully manage multiple competing work efforts across multiple teams. Involves assessing impacts, importance and urgency and setting direction and expectations - in order to meet or exceed expectations for timeliness and quality of work.
* Valuing Diversity - The ability to accept and promote diversity in concepts, processes and outcomes - in order to implement effective business solutions. Involves being open to new ideas, encouraging engagement from stakeholders and focusing individual and team work effort along the best approach.
* Negotiation - The ability to resolve disputes and produce an agreement, that is perceived as a collective advantage to all parties involved. Involves the ability to tailor the process, behavior and substance of the negotiation in order to reach agreement.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* include everything under Other
* Masters degree
* Vendor Management - The ability to manage external vendor relationships professionally, to United's best interests. Involves managing and negotiating contracts, statements of work and financials. Ability to hold vendors accountable to high standards of performance.
* Proven expertise in design and implementation of complex IT solutions
* In-depth knowledge in area of expertise
* Awareness of industry best practices and research
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.