Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal Applications Developer
Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) is seeking a seasoned cloud framework developer to work with our innovative application development team and contribute in reshaping the Oracle Utilities SaaS offerings to a completely autonomous and secured micro-services architecture.
As a principal developer responsible for SaaS cloud framework team, you will have an opportunity to contribute by designing innovative solutions and conducting proof of concept on state-of-the-art technologies/tools. You will be working closely with various development teams to design and implement complex solutions that autonomously build, deploy, manage & monitor UGBU SaaS products with utmost attention to the overall system reliability and security.
* Software design and development for the assigned modules within cloud framework.
* Research newer Oracle & open-source technologies that implement desired requirements and conduct corresponding validation POCs.
* Work with Agile development teams to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
* Establish and ensure adherence to the coding standards.
* Provide developer support for troubleshooting needs on the Dev/QA/Prod deployments of the assigned modules.
* Conduct peer code reviews for compliance to the standards.
* Be a scrum master on rotating basis for the team.
* Foster knowledge sharing and assist with creation and delivery of best practices documentation and training materials
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in software design and development for large-scale enterprise products or leading SaaS applications.
* Strong knowledge of Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Linux scripting, etc.
* Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience building and deploying highly scalable services and applications; preferably on cloud infrastructure.
Operational knowledge and experience with,
* Docker containerization, Kubernetes orchestration and CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
* GIT, Fortify/SonarQube, Kafka
* Monitoring tools/technologies like Prometheus, EKL stack, Jaegar distributed tracing.
Expects Results: Consistently drives high standards individually, as a team member, and for the organization to accomplish key goals.
Communicates and Influences: Clearly communicates information and ideas to individuals and teams in an articulate, focused and compelling way. Willing to offer intellectual mindshare.
Is Analytical and Instinctual: Compares information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Uses data to make decisions but also understands that instinct plays a part in innovating. Always uses good common sense combined with Emotional Intelligence.
Possesses Strong Technology and Architecture Acumen: In-depth understanding of technology, architecture leadership and software development with the ability to draw from personal experience to make recommendations.
Blends with High Performing Teams: Attracts, develops and engages talented team members within an environment where people can realize their full potential. Is ego-free. Acknowledges the work of others first.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.