Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Us: Technology is fueling a change in finance. Visionary finance leaders view applications and technology as a service. Oracle ERP Cloud is the leader in leveraging emerging new technologies to deliver the most modern SaaS applications and ensure scalability and performance. Oracle Financials Cloud has set a new standard for the way companies innovate, work, and adopt technology. The Financials Cloud, which is at the heart of the ERP cloud, is the most comprehensive, integrated, and scalable financial management solution available and revolutionizes how finance users interact with data and make decisions. Oracle Fusion Receivables, a key part of Financials Cloud, has a world class, modern standards based user interface that provides real-time information about financial transactional activities in order to cash flow, pinpoints issues that require attention, and helps you prioritize your day-to-day activities. Our goal is to continue to innovate using the latest in technology to provide unprecedented insight, analytics, integration, and automated business flows with the richest user experience. Our service offering has to meet the highest quality standards and upgrading our automation test methodologies and execution is a key initiative to meet these high standards.
As a Principal Application Engineer in the team you will need to
* Collaborate with product managers, product owners, and other stake holders for understanding the requirements , coming up with user stories/backlog items
* Lead the technical solution approach/technical design/testing strategy driven by customer/usage data along with the automation design
* Work in a DevOps culture that includes taking complete ownership and driving the collaboration with peer teams, cloud operations and technology stack to see through any task for end-to-end delivery.
* Have passion to discover the true technical / operational requirements associated to the new feature requests that demonstrates exceptional customer relationship skills, provide alternate technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet strong customer commitment timelines with best possible solution.
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, building large scale enterprise applications , system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* Develop ultra-scalable and highly reliable designs specs that include fault-tolerance , automatic recovery in error scenarios along with strong diagnostic approaches.
* Be obsessed over customer satisfaction , operational excellence, evaluate system performance and security
* Identify and solve technology-related bottlenecks and provide enhancements to existing code base.
* Design and deliver robust automation tests to validate the user stories / backlog items
* Be a leader and provide design suggestions to some of the most complex problems faced by other scrum teams by sharing your deep software engineering knowledge and experience , constantly creating re-usable content/tools which will help consciously improve technical standards , increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams.
* Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or in related technical discipline.
* At least 10 years of Software development experience of Core JAVA with Web Development preferably with Oracle ADF and SQL/PLSQL.
* Proven track record of building large-scale, fault-tolerant , high performing , highly scalable software products with experience on managing complex projects.
* Demonstrated expertise in system-level design, and experience with web services and service-oriented architectures.
* Expertise in different performance tuning approaches in JAVA / SQL or in related technologies.
* Experience in Rest API and micro services will be a preferred skill.
* Should be able balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions be it on the technology or in designing the application.
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
* Building smart unit test automation with different tools.
* Assist in the continual hiring and development of technical talent to help the organization grow.
* Should be an inspirational technical leader who can set high standards with in the team.
* Justify the Ideas always with detail-oriented facts with a quantification mentality.
* Should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.