Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's Enterprise API team is responsible for the design, development, and support of enterprise and product specific APIs that are integrated with internal consumers and strategic partners. Our solutions need to scale across multiple backend systems, technologies, and need to leverage, refactor, or modernize a variety of architectures. To achieve this, we are always looking at new and innovative way to modernize our technology while tying those back to business needs.
The Principal Software Engineer works on projects where he/she will play an active role in developing software enhancements and new products. A vigilant developer, he/she will work on the planning, designing and coding of enhancements for our current offerings. He/she will also work with cross-functional teams to build software solutions for current issues or to incorporate advancements in technology. Always searching to continuously improve Worldpay's catalog of products and services, we will create and maintain stable, reliable systems for our clients and partners.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
* Provide technical leadership; designing, and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability APIs.
* Lead and Mentor other engineers, work with managers and operations to develop best practices, standards across all aspects or the API lifecycle
* Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
* Works cross-functionally to address issues and emerging needs in software systems.
* Works on projects from enhancements, refactor and product/architectural modernization
* Works on problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
* Having wide-range experience, he/she uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and drives decisions.
* Exercises exceptional judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel
* Experienced in a role requiring interaction with cross-functional geographically-distributed teams and senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
* Experienced in developing both SOAP and RESTful APIs.
* Deep understanding of API design, HTTP specification, REST, JSON, XML, Open API (swagger)
* Experience developing production API Proxies with Googles Apigee Edge platform or similar APIM platforms
* Experience using RDBMS (DB2, SQL Server) and NOSQL (MongoDB) Databases
* Experienced in a variety of SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, ScrumFall, and Agile (Scrum, SAFe)
* Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and drive decisions
* Apigee Certified Professional
* Understanding of API testing (e.g. TDD) and modern CI-CD pipeline architectures for API delivery, Jenkins, Maven
* Payment processing or similar fintech experience
Education & Experience:
* BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
* 10+ years Java experience developing enterprise solutions
* 8+ years building enterprise APIs and integrations using SOAP and REST
* 6+ years implementing and using API Management Platforms in a hybrid environment (Cloud/On Prem)
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.