From the first days designing clothing in a garage, prAna's initial vision to connect yoga and climbing to mindful living has captivated thousands. It's ensured that prAna clothing and gear are made with intention - that every detail from trim and linings to hangtags is carefully designed to enhance our lives today while still considering the needs of tomorrow. Since 1992, this vision has been at the root of prAna's relationships with customers and retailers. And, it has helped the company to foster a community of active, free spirited customers that share its values.
Today, the brand has evolved beyond our rock climbing and yoga roots to include lifestyle and performance clothing. The clothing is designed at prAna with style and versatility in mind. prAna is deeply committed to mitigating the impact they have on the environment in manufacturing and selling its clothing and that all products are made in safe and fair working conditions.
Each year, prAna welcomes increasingly more people to the prAna way of life through a multi-channel strategy including their own branded stores, a fast growing direct ecommerce business, catalogs and an established wholesale distribution of over 1,400 retailers across the US, Canada, and Europe.
prAna's sales grew at a compound annual growth rate of more than 30 percent between 2010 and 2013, and prAna was acquired by Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC) in June, 2014. prAna is now part of the family of brands in the Columbia portfolio, including Columbia, Mountain Hardwear, Sorel and Montrail. prAna is headquartered in Carlsbad, California and operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Columbia Sportswear Company, with Russ Hopcus as President.
Overview of the Position:
The Site Merchandiser executes on prAna's onsite merchandising efforts and is responsible for assisting in growing the conversion and sales for the website. This role aligns efforts with the overall eCommerce strategy, focusing on maximizing margin and category presentation by optimizing various web pages. This role partners with the direct to consumer merchandising team to understand assortment and product strategies and uses these insights to deliver on digital merchandising and marketing strategies. This position will have a comprehensive understanding of the digital shopping experience including home pages, landing pages, on site features, navigation, filtering and digital marketing content.
This role will work closely with direct to consumer merchandising, digital marketing, site operations, creative, planning and web development. The ideal candidate is self-starter and team-player who can thrive and have fun in a fast-paced environment. S/he exhibits the characteristics of approachability and openness in resolving issues, is highly organized and has a relentless ability to multitask while meeting daily deadlines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Site Merchandising * Optimize online merchandising to grow sales and maximize margin and inventory for high volume categories of business. * Re-merchandise the site on a daily and weekly basis in response to business results, inventory sell thru and future marketing efforts. * Determine product categorization and sorting to support marketing strategies, trends, web analytics and onsite search trends. * Monitor onsite search results and leverage results to optimize search pages. * Leverage web analytics and key business KPIs to improve the online customer experiences and increase conversion. * Partner with direct merchandising to translate product strategy into the online experience, including home pages, landing pages, category specific taxonomy and navigation for the assigned category/ies. * Load content into the site admin including product imagery, copy, category hierarchy, synonyms, antonyms and attribution. * Execute and monitor site updates, participating in QA and UAT for product and content launches. * Monitor on site product performance daily, optimizing key landing pages to deliver on the customer experience. * Partner with digital marketing and creative teams on campaigns and strategies, including paid search, display, affiliates, SEO and direct marketing. * Work with ecommerce operations to drive site enhancements, supporting testing strategies. * Support optimization of filters, attribution, site navigation and cross-selling to drive conversion and sales. * Partner with direct merchandising and inventory planning to understand business performance and consumer shopping behaviors to influence online merchandising decisions. * Analytics * Monitor and analyze key competitors and innovative online retailers to understand emerging online trends in ecommerce across site merchandising, promotional campaigns, UX, UI and taxonomy. * Analyze weekly selling and develop recommendations for improving the customer experience online. * Leverage Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics data to develop recommendations on improving site merchandising and landing page development. * Use 3rd party on site search tools to identify emerging trends and develop search rules to deliver relevant product for consumers.
Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Marketing, Business) highly preferred * 3 to 5 years of experience with Merchandising, preferably digital / ecommerce * Understanding of retail math including open to buy, inventory sell thrus, gross margin and weeks of supply. * Experience in analyzing ecommerce performance metrics * Consumer-focused with desire to create positive customer experience via digital; ability to understand online experience from consumer's perspective
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
* Experience using ecommerce project management tools such as Jira * Experience with Google Analytics or Omniture/Adobe Analytics * Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Emotional Intelligence: Ability to manage temperament and emotions required to conduct interpersonal interactions with senior management, vendors and employees
Results-driven, goal-oriented: Ability to plan goals and maintain responsibility across a wide range of projects including those contributing to top and bottom line revenue for a dynamic, fast-moving business. Must feel comfortable leading with passion whilst maintaining revenue-based performance goals. Self-Directed/Self-Reliant: Ability to take action and responsibility for personal success and failure; influences events and achieves specific goals; works in an independent manner to accomplish goals; initiates actions and works effectively with little supervision, direction or precedent; proactive
* Organization and Planning: Ability to set priorities, facilitate the creation of work plans, coordinate resources; establishes follow up systems and feedback mechanisms to monitor projects and goals.
Creative Problem Solving: Ability to gather data, analyze options, implement solutions and follow through on results; looks beyond established methods of doing things and comes up with new approaches and creative solutions; sees beyond limitations and creates new options. Decision Making and Judgment: Ability to make decisions by gathering data, analyzing multiple options and conferring with appropriate people; uses good judgment in arriving at decisions; strong quantitative skills, excellent critical thinking Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to simultaneously manage and oversee a number of different projects to completion; ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities Teamwork/Collaboration: Ability to build and maintain ongoing inter- and intra- departmental working relationships; willingly assists others; focuses on team goals; collaborates across multiple areas of the company; ability to build and maintain business relationships with stakeholders and sponsors Communication: Ability to produce clear status reports (clear writing and verbal skills), communicate tactfully and candidly, simplify jargon, make clients aware of all issues, be an excellent listener. Flexibility: Ability to adapt to a variety of internal and external circumstances; adapts to changing priorities Resilience: Ability to persist and maintain a positive attitude and performance when faced with pressure, opposition, differing opinions or changing issues and variables; Energized by tough challenges; not afraid to make unpopular decisions, take tough action and challenge the status quo Ability to appreciate and understand the prAna culture and successfully integrate his/her management style and personal leadership into that culture; ability to operate in the spirit of SEVA (service) in how we treat our customers and each other Attention to Detail: Ability to pay close attention to the details of a document/project; demonstrates a thorough approach to tasks
* Excellent organizational, planning, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Environment is a typical office setting.
* Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person) * Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound * Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information; and read * Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine * Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction * Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one site to another * Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position * Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm * Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.