Overview of prAna:
From the first days designing clothing in a garage, prAna's initial vision to connect yoga and climbing to mindful living has captivated thousands. It's ensured that prAna clothing and gear are made with intention - that every detail from trim and linings to hangtags is carefully designed to enhance our lives today while still considering the needs of tomorrow. Since 1992, this vision has been at the root of prAna's relationships with customers and retailers. And, it has helped the company to foster a community of active, free spirited customers that share its values.
Today, the brand has evolved beyond our rock climbing and yoga roots to include lifestyle and performance clothing. The clothing is designed at prAna with style and versatility in mind. prAna is deeply committed to mitigating the impact they have on the environment in manufacturing and selling its clothing and that all products are made in safe and fair working conditions.
Each year, prAna welcomes increasingly more people to the prAna way of life through a multi-channel strategy including their own branded stores, a fast-growing direct ecommerce business, catalogs and an established wholesale distribution of over 1,400 retailers across the US, Canada, and Europe.
prAna was acquired by Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC) in June, 2014 and is part of the family of brands in the CSC portfolio, including Columbia, Mountain Hardwear and Sorel. prAna is headquartered in Carlsbad, California and operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Columbia Sportswear Company.
Overview of the Position:
The eCommerce Project Manager is responsible for managing projects focused on keeping the website consistent with our brand while providing the customer an exceptional experience. Projects will continuously flow and range from larger technical implementations, such as onboarding new vendors, to smaller marketing projects, such as site content updates.
The eCommerce Project Manager coordinates cross-functional resources, establishes and manages project timelines and deliverables and ensures clarity of roles. This position will ensure all projects are appropriately scoped, allocated resources, scheduled appropriately, delivered on time, within budget and to the original vision. This position meets with stakeholders within the eCommerce, Marketing, Creative, and IT teams as well as third-party vendors in order to understand each project and build project plans according to the requirements.
This position requires outstanding organizational and leadership skills alongside the drive to promote a culture of collaboration and accountability. Clear and concise communication will aid in the success of this role as well as the ability to see the bigger picture when scoping work. This position will leverage project management tools such as Jira/Confluence and TeamWork.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Work with stakeholders to thoroughly define all aspects of a project's functional requirements
* Responsible for all aspects of each project from the scoping stage through completion including QA/UAT.
* Communicate with stakeholders to clearly identify the desired outcome of projects, gathering business requirements and use cases.
* Quickly understand the technical, behavioral and contextual elements of a project.
* Compose all project documentation within Jira & Confluence including scoping, UAT plans and post go-live retrospectives.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, tracking and providing consistent and concise progress reports to stakeholders and leadership.
* Manage resource allocation for projects in partnership with cross-functional leaders.
* Proactively identify and communicate project risks and propose solutions.
* Manage timelines and ensure projects are delivered on time and on scope, maintaining the timing for business requirements, interaction planning, creative, development, QA and deployment, is consistent with campaign/brand messaging.
* Use project management tools to help establish and maintain efficient workflows.
* Ensure all company processes and policies are followed.
* Identify areas where automation and/or tools can help drive time-savings and improve communications.
* Manage the delivery of the components that make up highly technical web-based deployments such as analytics tags, UTM tags, dynamic code and the like.
* Actively participate in technical, strategic and creative development.
* Quickly handle changes and be technical savvy to run collaboration tools, content management tools, manage assets and plan content and code deployments.
* Utilize an entrepreneurial spirit and drive that lead to suggestions for digital projects, improved workflow and proposals from start to finish.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Position has significant interaction with many areas of prAna, necessitating excellent communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills. The eCommerce Project Manager interacts closely with the eCommerce, Marketing, Creative, and IT teams, as well as other internal members and external third-parties that contribute to ecommerce projects and deliverables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree preferred; high school diploma required
* 4+ years of eCommerce and Project Management experience in relevant field required; B2B or B2C in apparel industry preferred
* Project Management training and PMP certification highly preferred
* Direct experience working with ecommerce and web content management platforms; working knowledge and experience with ecommerce operations
* 4+ years of experience working in or with web development and creative teams
* Proven strong leadership and communications skills
* Professional experience with industry standard project management tools
* Experience with project estimating, scheduling/planning and tracking methods
* Experience with business requirements gathering processes and use case
* Experience conducting effective project meetings with cross-functional group of employees to achieve goals
* Keen eye for QA including bug testing and code testing for pixel-perfect design execution
* Basic knowledge of large-scale Agile, business and technical infrastructure implementations
* Knowledge of best practices in mobile first experience design
* Ability to organize and document projects, budgets and schedules
* Understanding of web analytics
Technical Skills and Experience:
* Experience with mobile sites or responsive websites
* Basic CSS knowledge
* Magento and Demandware eCommerce platforms
* Proficient in Jira/Confluence
Key Competencies:Self-Directed/Self-Reliant: Ability to take action and responsibility for personal success and failure; influences events and achieves specific goals; works in an independent manner to accomplish goals; initiates actions and works effectively with little supervision, direction or precedent; proactive Team/Project Leadership: An ability to guide or direct others toward a specific goal or end; resolves issues and increases employee performance and productivity; challenges the process by searching for opportunities to change, grow, innovate and improve the company; enables others to act by fostering collaboration and promoting cooperative goals; inspires shared vision and demonstrates core prAna values; encourages the heart by recognizing individual and team contributions and accomplishments; inspires others and builds motivated, high-performing teams
* Relationship Management: Ability to consult and provide advice; to facilitate discussion and resolve conflict; to develop relationships with key project stakeholders; to recognize and deal with diversity; to establish trust, credibility and respect; and to be willing to give more than to receive
* Organization and Planning: Ability to set priorities, facilitate the creation of work plans, coordinate resources; establish follow up systems and feedback mechanisms to monitor projects and goals
Creative Problem Solving: Ability to gather data, analyze options, implement solutions and follow through on results; looks beyond established methods of doing things and comes up with new approaches and creative solutions; sees beyond limitations and creates new options Decision Making and Judgment: Ability to make decisions by gathering data, analyzing multiple options and conferring with appropriate people; uses good judgment in arriving at decisions; strong quantitative skills, excellent critical thinking Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to simultaneously manage and oversee several different projects to completion; ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities Teamwork: Ability to build and maintain ongoing inter- and intra- departmental working relationships; willingly assists others; focuses on team goals; collaborates across multiple areas of the company; ability to build and maintain business relationships with stakeholders and sponsors Communication: Ability to produce clear status reports (clear writing and verbal skills), communicate tactfully and candidly, simplify jargon, make clients aware of all issues, be an excellent listener Flexibility: Ability to adapt to a variety of internal and external circumstances; adapts to changing priorities Resilience: Ability to persist and maintain a positive attitude and performance when faced with pressure, opposition, differing opinions or changing issues and variables; energized by tough challenges; not afraid to make unpopular decisions, take tough action and challenge the status quo Persuasive: Ability to positively influence the actions or opinions of others through reasoning, argument and entreaty Culture: Ability to appreciate and understand the prAna culture and successfully integrate his/her management style and personal leadership into that culture; ability to operate in the spirit of SEVA (service) in how we treat our customers and each other Attention to Detail: Ability to pay close attention to the details of a document/project; demonstrates a thorough approach to tasksThis job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company. EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age