Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic is a world leader in providing health care products that benefit individual's well-being. Our organization contributes directly to this mission; we deliver Mobile App software for Medtronic's connected insulin pumps and glucose sensors.
The Medtronic Diabetes Mobile App software development team writes the Android Apps which connects our patients to their devices and eases the burden of diabetes on their day to day life. We are looking for an experienced Mobile App architect who can help us continue to make our products more connected and responsive to patient's needs.
A Day in the Life
A Mobile Software Architect is responsible for the analysis, design, documentation, programming, application software to ensure product readiness for release for commercial use. Works closely with project managers, QA, System, and UX team members to ensure compliance with project needs.
You will be the key interface of the Mobile software team with other software teams and functions and participate in change control and risk analysis activities as part of the software quality process.
Key Technical Competencies
* Provide deep technical expertise in all aspects of solution design and application development for specific business environments. Focus on setting technical direction on groups of applications and similar technologies as well as taking responsibility for technically robust solutions encompassing all business, architecture, and technology constraints.
* Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
* Promote software engineering best practices for Android Mobile software development.
* Initiates communication with members of other departments and other members of development to ensure effective implementation.
* You can interpret, understand, and provide feedback on software requirements for a project. This includes performing requirement analysis to determine completeness and compliance with software system. You can work with requirement management tools.
Key Leadership Competencies
* You will coach other engineers on how to successfully implement the software architecture and review designs and architectures of the development team
* You hold yourself accountable deliver on commitments.
* You have a desire to help improve patient's lives and will hold yourself accountable to the rigors of developing software for medical devices.
* You demonstrate accountability for your decisions and can articulate rationale without being defensive.
* You view mistakes as learning opportunity and supports an environment of continuous improvement.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
* Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
* Determines systems software design requirements.
* Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
* Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering or Sciences field
Years of Experience:
* 7+ years of experience of designing and developing web or mobile applications.
Nice to Have
* Launching 2 or more Mobile Apps on Google Play for Android.
* Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
* Database experience on mobile devices.
* Good understanding of Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE protocols and standards.
* Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
* Experience translating product requirements into design specifications.
* Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code.
* Ability to effectively present information to team members and management, customers and prospects.
* Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
* Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objective. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Is reliable in work habits. Able to organize and self-direct execution of tasks/duties.
* Experience in medical software development process such as IEC 62304 or other regulated software development
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)