Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
NOTE: This position can be done from either our Austin, TX or Portland, OR office!
We work on software that is used by consumers to shop for cars (or trucks or boats or motorcycles or tractors or more), as well as the systems used by about two-thirds of the dealers in the US to take care of their customers and their interface with the manufacturers. If you recently ordered a Ferrari, or a Ford, you likely have used our products!
The most important thing to us about you is that you have a passion for working on cool stuff. And can work well with cool people. We love the energy shown in your projects (and those side projects you do, 'just for you') and we love that you can get in a room with amazing developers and learn and teach and contribute and grow. Our Agile, collaborative approach is important to everyone here.
As a Software Engineer IV you will help to create the next generation of enterprise class software solutions at CDK!
If you have worked on bringing a large software product to market, or have a desire to gain this experience, this role might be perfect for you.
* Lead the team's API and database development work, attend lead meetings, escalate issues, address problems quickly, take ownership for the team's APIs
* Code high quality software components that meet engineering team standards
* Troubleshoot issues
* Conduct code reviews, scope and estimate requirements, educate and mentor engineers
* Prioritize and solve problems in a fast paced environment
* Stay current with data management & middleware trends and apply best practices to your code
* 8+ years of application data design and database development experience, with operational knowledge of ETL frameworks and data transformation methods
* 3+ years of PostgresSQL development and utilization
* 3+ years of flat file database development and management
* Operational knowledge of Java & PHP
* Engineering leadership experience and passion for leading teams
* Experience with source control (Git, GitHub Flow) and enterprise software development practices
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, computer science or related field is preferred, with a * minimum of 2 years of directly related work experience in one of these fields (work experience may be used to in place of degree)
* Experience working with distributed teams
* Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* An ongoing thirst for new knowledge and ideas, and a passion for software engineering as a Full Stack Engineer.
* Creative problem-solving, proficient debugging and profiling
* Ability to work full stack
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
About CDK Global
CDK Global (Cobalt, Dealer Services, Kerridge) is a company providing dealership management and marketing solutions.