We're looking for a database expert who loves building large scale highly available infrastructure. Adobe Stock is a service that provides designers and businesses with access to over 100 million high-quality, curated, royalty-free photos, vectors, illustrations, templates, and 3D assets, for all their creative projects. The Adobe Stock service is built right into Adobe desktop apps to search, browse, and add images to Creative Cloud Libraries, and get instant access to assets across desktop and mobile devices.
What you'll do
You'll be joining an engineering team transitioning from data center hosted PostgreSQL applications to cloud-hosted micro service infrastructure. You will have your feet in both worlds supporting this transition. You will provide technical expertise and data persistence best practice guidance to engineering teams as we create our platform of the future. The perfect candidate will need a keen eye for details and will play an integral role in the service with a pride of ownership for the stability and scalability of the data persistence layer. Candidates should enjoy tackling complex technical challenges with strong communication skills to coordinate changes across various and be self-motivated to push themselves in a team-oriented culture will thrive in our environment.
What your responsibilities will be
* Provide senior technical leadership and expertise in operating the data persistence layer
* Contribute in all aspects of planning, modeling, design, implementation, support, and performance optimization of Adobe Stock data services
* Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of data services
* Coordinate upgrades with the engineering and management and applying best practices for minimizing impacts on service uptimes
* Administer the database services, ensuring daily/weekly maintenance routines are successful, optimizing application level SQL queries
* Oversee backups and audits to ensure that databases remain accessible, secure, and stable
* Enforce the highest levels of security and privacy are in place
* Work closely and cooperatively with engineering, security, technical operations, product management, program management, and all other stakeholders
* Be available alongside your peers, off-hours, to support the production environment
What you need to succeed
* Bachelor's in computer science or information systems equivalent four-year degree
* 5+ years overall IT experience, with 3+ years relational database management with a focus on PostgreSQL 9.6 and above
* Hands on experience with both data center hosted PostgreSQL and AWS hosted Aurora PostgreSQL and RDS
* Expert at SQL database logical and physical design, administration, performance tuning, clustering, and replication
* Strong knowledge of database security concepts, capacity planning and disaster recovery
* Experience planning and executing on data migrations from data centers to cloud
* Deep knowledge and experience with Linux systems
* Experience with NodeJS or PHP based application stacks
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.