▶Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. "Brain Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed Be Courageous with Your Point of View Challenge the Status Quo Act Like an Entrepreneur Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude Do the Right Thing Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About This Opportunity
Maintain responsibility, accountability, and ownership of the NCR RPOS (Radiant Point of Sale) in the Petroleum, Convenience, and Retail branch and Gilbraco Passport POS systems that are utilized by the Horizon stores. Coordinates with teams responsible for the performance of the Horizon stores to ensure we meet the needs of our corporate, end-user, and guest requirements. Provides knowledge about the RPOS and Passport solutions including their integration with peripherals such as scanners, cash.
* Works with Operations, Asset Protection, Accounting, Fuel, Training, Marketing, and Back Office support teams that are responsible for various aspects and performance of the Horizon stores.
* Maintains the POS platforms as software upgrades and requests from the teams supporting the Horizon stores.
* Works with the respective vendors to communicate the needs of our business on a recurring basis.
* Responsible for development, testing, and level 2 support of the respective POS platform(s).
* Maintains the respective POS platform(s) in a lab environment that accommodates separate development and test systems.
* Training help desk and field support techs as it relates to the respective platform(s).
* Additional responsibilities may be introduced as the platform(s) evolve.
* Bachelors/4 Yr Degree.
* General Point of Sale (POS) technology including integration to fuel, electronic payments, and loyalty programs.
* Familiar with PCI, NAXML, and SQL standards/processes.
* General network and TCP/IP standards.
* Project management: 1-2 yearsTechnical writing, .net, Windows OS, and Linux OS experience is preferred.
* Experience with VeriFone (Commander), Radiant, Passport, and Fis-Cal Point of Sale systems specifically is preferred.
* Fuel, electronic payments, and loyalty experience with regard to POS integration.