Title: Portfolio Test Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Engagement: Contract to Hire
The Portfolio Test Manager will be responsible for the overall test planning and execution for the Wealth Management Banking division.
* Develop communication protocol including:
* Stakeholder management plan.
* Meeting cadence.
* Reporting cadence.
* Interaction model alignment.
* Ensure collaborative teamwork from all teams (testing, development, and business) across multiple programs, multiple applications, and multiple business areas.
* Ensure a comprehensive approach to test planning including, but not limited to:
* Impact analysis and estimation.
* Environment (including data) demand and changes.
* Alignment to enterprise goals.
* Testing strategy which includes all phases/types of testing required (Non-functional, Functional, Scrum, Integration, User/Business Acceptance, Model Office Testing, 3rd party/external entities, post implementation verification, etc.).
* Budgeting, reporting, signoffs and approvals.
* Promotion and enfeeblement of Test Design Workshops throughout all releases.
* Development of artifacts and test assets to be approved and retained.
* Project closure requirements.
* Create aggregated test results and utilize enterprise standard metrics to assess software quality, tester effectiveness and production readiness. Utilize results to improve quality in test team.
* Drive the implementation of automation frameworks across application teams and track automation progress to be communicated to program management.
* Drive organizational Change Management related to the move to Agile/Test Driven Development and expanded automated testing. Partner with business to gain further trust in automation activity via reporting and results.
* Create program diagrams and/or workflows to be used for test planning, business communication, operational readiness and ongoing artifact documentation.
* Identify and manage program level testing risks, actions, issues, dependencies (RAID) and timelines. Work with test managers and other program representatives to build mitigation plans.
* Serve as escalation point for testing issues, communicate appropriately and own to resolution.
* Partner with release management function (where exists) to ensure testing is consulted on scope, timelines and production readiness.
* Participate in and enforce change control processes.
* Participate in enterprise test forums such as Communities of Practice, etc.
* General 12 - 15 years of experience in Technical or Business Test Management, to include:
* Minimum 10 years in Test Management role for large initiatives.
* Minimum 7 years Project/Program Management experience.
* Minimum 5 years financial domain experience.
* Minimum 5 years working within Agile style teams.
* Release Management experience is a plus.
* PMP/SAFe certification is a plus.
* Ability to properly prioritize tasks while under pressure in a continually changing environment.
* Aptitude for understanding large, complex, multi-tiered enterprise architectures.
* Ability to successfully collaborate with virtual teams across multiple time zones/locations.
* Ability to provide leadership and direction to various types of team members.
* Ability to communicate effectively with senior managers and leaders.
* Proven experience with SDLC and Agile practices.
* Demonstrated ability to help transition teams from Waterfall to Agile.
* Knowledge of performance testing and the concepts of high availability/low latency systems.
* Excellent coordination skills to bring together multiple contingents of testing.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work in a process-oriented environment.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to maintain a positive outlook and remain adaptable.