Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Exceptions Governance Specialist will be a member of Global Information Security (GIS) Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Governance & Policy, while working closely with GIS Policy, Compliance, Risk, Legal, Lines of Business and Enterprise functions. The role collaborates with GIS Policy subject matter experts, control owners, business stakeholders, and other GT&O accountable parties in the course of GIS Governance & Policy work. Responsible for coordinating projects, initiatives and actions to manage exceptions and non-compliance to Information Security Policy.
The goals of the position will be to:
1) Support implementation and execution of exception management governance deliverables and routines to ensure appropriate review and timely disposition of information security exception types and the associated risk, in line with GIS/GTO risk governance framework
2) Identify and support efforts to automate and improve GIS policy exception management function to move to a proactive, efficient program based on a foundation of effective risk management and risk prioritization
3) Support risk and issue identification related to GIS Policy and Programs.
You will be using your analytical mindset and teamwork skills to support and improve the GIS Governance and Policy ecosystem. You will utilize your technical and business knowledge to support secure, risk-based practices, exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
We look for you to be result-oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units, at various levels. The knowledge/experience/exposure with information security topics, including the design, development, testing, implementation or governance of information security practices and solutions, will be very helpful in this role.
* Previous experience in Information Technology / Information Security
* Ability to identify, analyze and address problems to resolve issues whenever possible in a way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization
* Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight.
* Motivated and willing to learn.
* Quick learner and self-starter
* Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
* Ability to be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
* Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
* Microsoft Office Proficient (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Proven ability of risk oriented approach
* Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong risk management acumen.
* 5 years of experience operating within an information security environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
* Prior Governance, Compliance, and or Audit experience desired.
* Broad awareness of information security operations and/or enterprise information technology (Enterprise data management, application development, network management).
* Familiarity with independent audit, assessment, QA/QC functions desired.
* Leadership competency in geographically diverse matrixed environment.
* Must be comfortable communicating technology impacts and risk to various levels of executive management understanding the need to tailor and deliver appropriate content for given audience.
* Ability to work with Technical and Non Technical business owners
* Experience with Project Management or working with Project Managers
Posting Date: 06/20/2019
Location: Washington, DC, 1800 K St NW (DC1842), Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044), Annandale, VA, ANNANDALE BC, 7400 LITTLE RIVER TPKE, - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift