We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Our Program Management Office (PMO) seeks a technical, hands-on energetic individual contributor to drive innovation in the systems, tools and processes supporting PMO and Engineering operations.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
* Work closely with Program Leads/Managers to specify, configure and deliver tools & processes that support in-depth program planning, execution & reporting:
* Optimize use of tools such as JIRA, Looker, Confluence and Smartsheet.
* Understand program- and executive-level tracking and reporting needs and tailor processes, tools and reports as needed.
* Work closely with Program and Engineering leadership to design, implement and promote effective workflows, execution and supportive tooling:
* Create a roadmap for current and future Engineering and PMO process & tooling needs.
* Define standards around projects, workflows, schemes, screens, field configurations, etc in JIRA; implement smaller solutions directly and provide more complex specifications to IT admins.
* Define and enforce best practices through easy-to-follow processes, policies, and controls related to project management tooling.
* Work proactively with IT to research, recommend, test and configure helpful new tools and extensions (e.g. JIRA plugins).
* Liaise with IT, procurement and vendors to ensure high value solutions and effective service levels.
* Develop processes & tools to support portfolio management, such as project evaluation, capacity planning, prioritization, roadmapping and executive reporting.
* Develop and deliver actionable program resource utilization forecasts and reports for Team leaders.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* 6+ years of relevant industry experience in a fast-paced medium-/large-sized company.
* 2+ years end-user-admin-level expertise with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence), advanced plug-ins (e.g. Structure, ScriptRunner) and data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, EazyBI).
* Experience translating business needs into lightweight-but-sufficient processes and tools.
* Experience managing complex program development/scheduling/delivery lifecycles and processes.
* Proven ability to calmly and confidently bring clarity, order and organization to complex undertakings with diverse stakeholders.
* Motivated self-starter with ability to adapt quickly, operate under ambiguity, identify & act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
* S/W and H/W development methodology knowledge; experience selecting and applying the best methodologies & tools to large-scale development environments (JIRA, Github, etc).
* Management of large-scale programs managed in JIRA (e.g. JIRA Portfolio, BigPicture, Structure).
* Experience in a complex multi-disciplinary PMO supporting S/W and highly technical product development teams.
* Experience with data analytics and metrics-informed decision-making.
* Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, complex electromechanical systems, real-time and/or high-availability systems.
* Prior exposure to full program lifecycles, from inception and development to delivery and support.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Annual Learning and Development stipend
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.