Viasat's Global IT Team is expanding in the Agile/Dev Ops world and is looking for experienced Platform level Scrum Masters. We provide innovative solutions to support solutions around the globe-wherever they may be! We touch every element of the business: our corporate offices, our customer service teams, a diverse partner and dealer community, and many more.
In This Role At Viasat
We are looking for a Platform Scrum Master to help lead a group of product teams to effectively reach goals in a high-visibility, fast-paced environment, aligning to the platforms mission.
In this role you will:
* Organize and facilitate Scrum ceremonies and backlog refinement under minimal supervision. Champion Agile software development best practices, acting as a coach to the product teams. Support the Product Owner in grooming and maintaining the product backlog. Facilitate the process by which we create and manage the following: Epics, Story Boards, Use Cases, Story Point estimation, etc. Track and communicate team status and progress via burnup and burndown charts, as well as other information to the team, management, and stakeholders ensuring it accurately reflects current state
* Manage dependencies between the product team and others, collaborating within the Platform/product teams especially with regard to items necessary for product release
* Demonstrate sense of urgency and responsiveness to complete work and solve problems, with a strong drive to persevere when faced with ambiguity
* Proactively remove or escalate roadblocks to allow team progress. Maintain relevant metrics to help the team monitor their performance. Encourage continual improvement in Agile and Dev Ops practices to improve code quality and delivery. Coordinate timely response and support to production line customer issues, when escalated. Lead and participate in project release estimation process
What our ideal Candidate looks like:
You have experience managing project delivery from inception through go live and operational support. You're passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job, not their computing environment. You understand different people have different needs to be productive and strive to develop innovative solutions. You identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely. You're knowledgeable. You love sharing your unique skill set with others. You identify problems, propose solutions and drive implementation. You leverage your agile and scrum expertise to drive innovative solutions across the enterprise. You enjoy working with customers around the world. Challenge excites you. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, building new solutions for a diverse set of customers.
* Software development and/or Project Management experience in a professional environment using Agile methodologies
* 5 to 7 years of hands-on Scrum Master experience (ie Backlog management, iteration planning, performance measuring) - supporting a minimum of two teams
* Experience in an a Software Development Environment
* Experience Agile software and collaboration tools (Jira, Hipchat, Slack, Wiki etc)
* Strong analytical, problem solving, time management and influencing skills
* Exceptional written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
* Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
* Able to act as servant leader at the project level
* Able to resolve conflicts, facilitate discussions, propose viable alternatives, and consider different approaches
* Take proactive action when one notices differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
* Persistent drive for continual improvement, both with team and self
* Quick learner: must be able to quickly gain a high-level understanding of the technical and business domains of the product teams
* Have a passion for creating an environment for a successful agile team
* Self-motivated and the ability to work under minimal supervision are required
* Desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the product teams about technical development in order to gain business trust
* Large/enterprise application development experience using Agile methodologies
* Experience with agile program management methodologies
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.