Job Category: Platform Configuration Engineer
Location: Northern Virginia
Shift: Day Job
Potential for Teleworking: No
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Minimum US citizen with entry on duty approvals
Description Nelson Intelligence Solutions prides itself of having the most diverse and accomplished staff you will find in your career. NiS offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for the federal government. NiS is seeking a Platform Configuration Engineer who will support the customer's mission and make it successful, broaden the impact of GIS technology to its business, and help shape the ArcGIS platform by identifying new implementation opportunities. Individuals in this position must be able to proactively craft, propose and implement configured solutions that address critical challenges and mission requirements faced by our customers. This role can require desk-side support to mission analysts as well as participation in larger project teams providing support in the conception, construction, implementation and testing of GIS databases, applications, and production systems.
* Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
* US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
* Five or more years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
* Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces
* Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
Preferred Additional Skills
* Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
* Be able to understand, create, and explain new data products created by spatial analysis
* Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
* Knowledge of integration of other enterprise systems (e.g., ERP, EAM, CRM, SCM)
* Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
* Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
NIS Overview NiS is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business with an emphasis on Federal government opportunities in support of the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Intelligence Community and State and local government. NiS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information.