Pivotal Software, Inc.
The Platform Architect Manager is a first line management role on the Platform Architecture team that is responsible for building a world class regional Platform Architect team, process excellence, and account strategies to achieve the PCF revenue targets. This role is in partnership with the Regional Field Leadership. Proactive and continuous learning and networking skills are required to be successful in this role given the rapid evolution of both Pivotal and the market. In addition to managing and growing a talented team, you will also be required to engage with and manage customers and prospects through long complicated sales cycles.
Responsibilities for the role include;
* Manage a regional team of Platform Architects (pre-sales specialists)
* Manage pre-sales activities from qualification to technical win providing support to account teams as required
* Qualify and prioritize team activities, act as a point of escalation
* Responsible for the hiring and the career development of the Platform Architects on your team
* Partner with the regional sales management to set technical account strategy for all PCF opportunities in the Region
* Engaging and driving customer success within your region by working closely with and mentoring individual account teams as well as customers, as needed
* Develop technical expertise around Pivotal Cloud Foundry and the Cloud Native ecosystem
* Lead from the front by directly engaging in client facing activities (Player/Coach model). Present Pivotal value proposition, customer stories, and represent the company as a senior technical leader.
* Demonstrable strong pre-sales skills
* Builds great relationships internally, with clients and the community
* Detail oriented, process focused and driven for rapid completion of tasks
* Passionate about mentoring and developing other team members
* Must have effective communication, listening, and presentation skills as well as Customer Focus and a strong desire to work in the field
* A strong self learner with the curiosity and desire to learn new skills and technologies
* 5-10 years of experience in postgraduate technology related work, such as Application Development in IT or Engineering, Pre-sales Engineering or as a customer-facing Consultant
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a STEM major
* Must be willing to travel within the assigned Region.
* Software Development (programming) Experience. In Java, C#, GO, Scala, Node.JS, Ruby, Groovy, and/or Python (not just scripting)
* Prior experience with Virtualization Software. Experience with DevOps, IaaS, and/or PaaS are preferred.
Upto 50% travel within the region and South area is expected, this is a Texas based position. Please note that relocation support is not available for this role.
About Pivotal Software, Inc.
Pivotal is a software company that provides digital transformation technology and services.