Bonobos is looking for a Platform Architect who is excited to help build experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
You'll be pushing Bonobos forward while helping solve difficult current technology problems. The Platform Architect will design and architect the technical foundation to keep Bonobos focused on the customer experience. This role serves as the key influencer in setting technical strategy and designs, develops, and delivers solutions to provide new capabilities and solve complex business problems. You'll own key relationships both up and downstream of the delivery teams to ensure delivery and seek input from internal and external thought leaders. You'll combine this knowledge to develop a strategy that provides an innovative and scalable DNVB platform and ensure delivery against it. You understand that leadership is not something you do from far away; you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
What you'll do…
* Conceptualize, design, and implement the platform for omni-channel retail operations and technology systems and capabilities, that serve as long-term building blocks for all Bonobos solutions
* Be responsible for engaging with technical and business stakeholders to understand business needs, articulate the architectural vision, and guide teams in solution delivery
* Cover the areas of product design, development, manufacture and fulfillment, and the technology systems and capabilities supporting those business functions
* Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to understand business requirements and performance requirements in order to make sound architectural decisions regarding:
* Public cloud service offerings (IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS services as well high-level product offerings such, as AWS Sagemaker, Cognito, GuardDuty)
* Infrastructure as Software (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
* Modern security practices Modern API platform design Modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into customer applications)
* Modern development frameworks and approaches (e.g. Microservices, single page applications, native app frameworks, low-code platforms)
* Organizational skills and consulting abilities that: Develop and evolve technology strategy, aligned to and prioritized by business objectives
* Partner with Product, UX, Engineering, Ops, Data and Delivery leadership and teams to deliver business value through technology inside a Lean/Agile culture and delivery framework
* Evolve enterprise architecture on modern evolutionary platform architecture principles and practices
* Develop and communicate measurements of platform progress and business impact
* Support organizational changes in regard to capability development, restructuring toward product-centric team models, and transitioning to modern agile SDLC practices
* Communicate technical decisions to non-technical audiences and build consensus around them
* Lead the research, selection and adoption of technologies to support the platform goals
* Evangelize business benefits and impact of the platform as well as the value of modern delivery and engineering practices
* Support strategy and Product Managers in developing technology roadmaps, including effectively evaluating build/rent/buy decisions
* Have 10+ years of experience in various application development/architecture roles
* Experienced working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
* Have at least 8 years' experience developing/architecting solutions on large eCommerce platforms such as: WebSphere Commerce, Demandware, ATG, Hybris or similar in both B2C and B2B
* Consider yourself a great visual communicator and are able to create architectural documents that describe systems, integrations, software delivery approaches, data relationships, invocation sequencing, networking and other key concepts using tools like Viso / Draw.io etc.
* Have proven ability in fostering an environment that empowers teams and facilitates the development of the Technology organization, setting everyone up to deliver their best work
* Are a collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based and in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
* Can offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
* Create an environment that values honesty, transparency and respect
* Have random acts of team-wide fun including in-office happy hours, board game nights, bar nights, book club, and "Camp Bonobos"
* Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is an e-commerce driven brand focused on delivering clothing for men.